Chapter 9: Dislike

Everything that his siblings have been trying to tell him seem to make sense, almost. There were a few other things that he couldn't seem to figure out. He doesn't let it bother him too much as he goes on his way to run some of Mama's errands.
  He has to buy some food for her new cravings now that she's due to have another baby. She hasn't asked him how it goes with (Y/n), she probably assumes that it's going well. That, or someone had already told her. Then again, if she knew his circumstance, she'd be yelling at him.
  He stops because he sees (Y/n), with a dark-haired man. It's the same man that he'd seen in his vision earlier, but they seem to be getting along. So he decides to continue on his way.
  "Kata-kitty!" he's always considered his height to be the one thing people notice about him, because it always makes him noticeable when he doesn't want to be. He tries to ignore her and continues walking to the store. "Are you ignoring me?"
  She runs up beside him and nudges him. He casts a quick glance down at her before a smile creeps onto his hidden lips, "Weren't you with someone before coming over here?"
  "So you did see me? And you were ignoring me!" she pouts before she feels his stare telling her to answer his question. "Yes, I was. But that doesn't matter, where are you going? Do you need any help?"
  "No," he immediately responds gaining a look from her. "I mean, I'm going to the grocery store, and I don't need your help. Thank you for offering it."
  "Would you like my company?" she bumps into him again, trying to get him to look at her. "Because I'd love to have yours."
  "Sure, (Y/n). I would enjoy your company," he stares at the list before he shoves it in his pocket. "The grocery store would be pretty boring without it."
  They walk in silence until they reach the store. She lets out a big sigh, "What's on the list?"
  "Pickles," he mumbles as she grabs a cart and walks beside him. "So when are you going dress shopping?"
  She turns her head to look at him, she's visibly shocked to hear him talk about it, but she looks at the store's floor, "Tomorrow. My parents said that I should invite a few of my friends to help me... would-do you want to join me?"
  He slowly nods his head before he clears his throat, "Yes. I do. That is, if you wouldn't mind, of course."
  "Well, you're not going to be my husband, so it's not like it'd be bad luck," her (e/c) orbs glide over to him and she gives him a smooth smile. "I'd love for my best friend to join me."
  He feels his heart sting at those words, sure it's his own fault for not noticing these feelings. But he's not in love with her, and if he asked her parents to marry her they'd tell him no because he'll just call off the wedding so that she doesn't have to marry anyone.
  "Katakuri," he has to admit that it would be a good plan... if her parents let her choose, and she does pick him.
  "Katakuri!" her voice finally registers and he looks at her. "I asked you what kind of pickles."
  His eyes look over the jars of pickles and he lets out a sigh, "Every kind they have..."
  She laughs before they both start to grab a jar of each, "Your family sure is weird, isn't it?"
  He shrugs before they start on their way to the next item, "Hormones."
  She cocks an eyebrow at him, but shrugs it off, "What's next?"
  "Peanut butter," he adjusts his scarf before he reaches out at grabs a big can of it. Another sigh escapes his lips. "Then ice cream."
  "Peanut butter pickle ice cream," she shakes her head. "Hormones, right?"
  He nods his head before she bursts out laughing, "Hormones."
  "Don't believe me, but it's true," he smiles at her as they finish gathering everything on the list.
  They leave the store with all of his supplies in as few bags as possible. He's honestly glad that he doesn't live too far from the store because lugging all of this too far would be near impossible. On their way back, right about where she had called out to him, they come in contact with the dark-haired man.
  Now that Katakuri can see clearly, his hair is a really dirty blonde, so dark that it almost looks brown. He nods, seeing as to why it would seem dark from far away. If he and (Y/n) were to have kids, they'd be cute. But not as cute as if (Y/n) were to have his kids. Where did that thought come from?
  "I've been looking for you? I told you to stay there," he grabs her hand before he notices the tall male. "Who's he and why were you off with him?"
  "I'm Katakuri, I'm assuming you're Theon?" he stares hard at him, there's a vibe that this man is putting off. It's unsettling to the red-haired man. "I'm (Y/n)'s best friend that she'll never see again because you'll steal her freedom once you're married to her."
  The man's face contorts and he tightens his grip on the (h/c)-haired woman, "You're hurting me... Theon."
  He turns his head to her and whispers under his breath, "Be quiet."
  ""Don't be mean to her because I'm being brutally honest," he steps around the man as he tries to make it home before his arms get too sore, but the man steps in front of him.
  "Do you think you're cool because you're friends with a woman?" he glares at the taller man, not intimidated at all by his height.
  "I'm friends with two women," Katakuri says with disinterest. "But that's hardly the point, isn't it?"
  "No, that's not the point, smartass," (Y/n)'s face scrunches as his grip tightens again. Katakuri feels himself getting angry, but he merely places his groceries down, reaches out and pulls his hand off of her. "What the hell?! What gives you the right to do th-"
  "You're not married to her yet," he picks up his bags again and gets behind the man. "You can't do what you want with her, so be careful. Because if I find so much as a bruise on her, I won't be as forgiving as I was this time."

-Chapter 9: Dislike End-