Chapter 4: The Third Wheel

Her phone's ringer interrupts the uncomfortable silence. She checks the caller ID and bites her lip, her (e/c) orbs look over at the man across from her. The look across his face telling her that he's annoyed beyond belief.
"Who is it," he huffs and continues to stare her down, the tone annoying him even more as it proceeds. "Whatever, just give me the phone."
"No, stop-" she tries to stop him, but the device gets ripped from her hand and he puts it up to his ear.
"Who's calling? Don't you know to leave someone alone when they're on a date?" he runs his finger through his hair before a smirk crosses his lips. "Oh, you want to speak to (Y/n)? Well, you can't. I don't care how important you think you are to get, because she's going to be married to m-"
She slaps him and takes her phone away, everyone in the restaurant staring at the couple completely shocked, "Katakuri... hey... why did you call? She told you... of course she did. Listen, I was-hey! Don't touch me!"
"(Y/n), is everything alright?" his voice floats over the receiver as her body gets pulled outside.
"Yeah, everything's fine. Listen, I'm sorry I didn't tell you about it," she feels the man let go of her arm before he turns to face her. "I just didn't want you to worry about me."
  "Even if-" the phone gets taken out of her hand again, but this time the man hangs up the phone.
  "Katakuri, huh?" the man's grey eyes observe the woman as she looks to the side. "Who's he?"
  "He's a friend of mine, he has been since forever," she tries to grab her phone out of his hand again, but he moves it away. "Now give it back!"
  "No, I don't want you to talk to any man but me," he pockets her phone before he starts to walk away. She hurried after him to try and get her phone back.
  She slips her arm through his and leans into his body. If anyone were to look at them, they'd look like a happy couple. A huge smile displayed across her lips as they start chatting, if she can get him to drop his guard she can get her phone back and text Katakuri about what happened.
  She doesn't even notice when she passes right by Katakuri, which if you think about is really strange considering he's the tallest person besides his mother. She laughs and gets closer to her fiancé, not even noticing Bubblegum calling out to her either.
  The pink-haired girl huffs out as she watches them walk away, "She is such a liar. Just the other day she said she wanted nothing to do with him."
  The pinkette looks around after she discovers Katakuri had run off. She lets out a sigh, and she's left alone again. The third wheel in their strange little group, but this third wheel had a plan.
  Her hand knocks on the Charlotte door, she stands on her tiptoes and drops down onto the porch, only to do it all over again. Her hands are behind her back when it opens to reveal Cracker.
  "B-Bubblegum! What brings you here?" he smiles at her, his purple hair slightly bouncing as he moves his head.
  "Is Katakuri here?" she asks as her blue eyes look around the house in the background, not seeing Cracker's face fall.
  "No, he's not. He left a few minutes ago because I said something wrong. Like always," he goes to close the door, but she places her hands on it. "What do you-"
  "That's a relief! I have a plan to help him out with (Y/n)!" she gives him a smile and he has to swallow his heart. "Are you okay?"
  "I-I'm fine," he shakes his head and gives her a puzzled look. "Wait, you're trying to get (Y/n) and Katakuri together? You don't like him?"
  "No," she looks into his eyes. "What makes you think that? (Y/n) is like a sister to me. If I were to have a crush on Katakuri, that'd just be wrong. She's had a crush on him since long before I came into his life, and she's just too blind to see it. Plus, I... like someone else."
  "Oh," his heart sinks before he steps out of the way. "Anyway, what's this plan entail?"
"I thought you'd never ask," a smile crosses her lips as she steps in. "Where are the rest of your siblings? They're going to need to be a part of this as well."

-Chapter 4: The Third Wheel End-