Chapter 26

I sat around for much of the day alone.  Ever since I got a little angry with Klaus earlier, he hasn't been around.  He left the compound to go to the quarter earlier.  I haven't heard anything from or about him since.  I am a little worried at this point.  I'm starting to question the baby,  our relationship. Everything that had to do with the both of us. 

        I heard someone come inside and I quickly pop my head up.  It's Rebekah.  "where the bloody hell is Klaus? " she ask me in a fit of rage. 

     I shrug my shoulders.  She gives me a dirty look before leaving again.  Now I feel like something is terribly wrong.

        Hours and hours have passed now.  I have no idea what I should do. Or if there is anything that I can do at all to help. I hate feeling helpless.  I don't to much feel that way when I'm with Klaus. As much as he protects me, he still finds a way to make me feel empowered.

       He makes me feel brave and almost invincible. I love the way he makes me feel.  The way he makes me feel love is extraordinary. Loosing myself in my thoughts,  I almost didn't hear someone else come into the compound.  It's Klaus. 

         I run up to him and immediately wrap myself into hug with him.  He quickly returns the hug.  "I was so worried about you. " I admit.

      "no need to worry love. I'm a hybrid. " he says cashing me to let out a small laugh.  I step away and look at him.  Our eyes meeting causing a moment of pure silence.

         "what were you doing then?" I got myself to ask him.  Knowing Klaus he may be just vauge with his response.  Not wanting to put me into much danger. 

     "trying to save my daughters life. And now my other unborn child. " he says with a smirk on his face.  Walking over to the table and outing himself a drink.  I turn around quickly a tad bit worried what this could be about. 

        He saw the confusion on my face and knew I needed an explanation. "Hayley had the baby,  witches trying to kill her." he said it as calmly as he could but I could tell he was barely holding it together.

        "so where is the baby?" I ask confused.  Is the baby dead or not? He said tried, so I am assuming she is not dead.  I'm pretty sure Klaus would be way more out of control if that was the case.  

       "that's a story for another time, love. " he says as he begins to walk away towards the stairs. 

        "what about me and him?" I ask Klaus causing him to stop in his tracks.  Not turning around,  but not going any further.

         "what did you say?" he asks still having his back to me. 

       I repeated myself.  "what about me and him?" just then Klaus turned around with a expression of joy and happiness on his face.  He made his way up to me.  As close as he could get with out touching every part of our bodies together. 

      "it's a boy. " he said.