Chapter 20

I was in klaus' painting room trying to get some time to think. I wasnt having second thoughts about the wedding. But i was over whelmed with the fact that i am going to be getting married in the near future.

     This is all i ever wanted, to be loved unconditionally by the man of my dreams. In the back of my mind it hurts to know that he will never die and i will. I have asked him to chnage me. He doesn't really want to. I dont want him to change his mind about that when i am eighty years old and all wrinkly.

     I just stare at a blank canvas. Im happy but full of fear.  I want so much to paint but i dont know where to begin. I hear someone enter the room. I know its klaus.

       "Everything alright love?" He ask.

    "Just fine." I say standing up and turning around to meet his gaze while i put bith my hands in my back pockets.

    He nods while he puts his hanfs behind his back and walks to the front of me. Close. Almost to close. "Then why so down?" He ask.

    "Nerves." I say sheepishly. He smirks at the thought of that.

   "Second thoughts?" He questions.

    "Never." I teply with no hesitation.

      "Care to explain?" He ask me but also kind of demanded.

    I break down and i know im going to tell him. I cant keeo something this big from him. "Look klaus," i began making his face become cold and hard with fear that i am going to call all of this off. "Im only afraid that i will die old and you wont ever " i admit to him.

      "I want you to change me." I say and his face hasnt changed. He still has fear written all over.

     "Love. " he begins but he doesnt finish before i cut him off.

     "No, i dont want hear excuses klaus." I say. "If we are in the always and forever. Then i need the forever part."

    "Give me three years love. " he says closer to me then before. Hes in my face. I seallow the limp in my throat thinking about how much my appearance could possibly change in those three short years.

    "Deal." I say unwittingly. I am scared that he wont do it when the time comes. But to make him and i both happy i accept his deal.

       He smiles his snall smirk and me while pulling me in for a hug. I smile when i feel the touch of him. I really do love him. No matter how much  time i have on earth, i want to spend it all with him.

     "I only ask you to wait because maybe one day in your future you will want to bare a child." He admits to me. I am in shock. Is he asking me to have his kid?

     "Are you asking me what i think you are asking me?" I question him. I never gave much thought to having children.

      "Yes love."