Troy's P.O.V ... The Past Meets Future

Troy's P.O.V

"Dylan, you are a master mind sometimes, but dude! You fucking told our biggest secret we will probably ever hold to your cousin! Do you seriously know how much I want to hit you?" My voice boomed through the waiting room as mere thoughts of what could be going on with Maddy crossed my mind. She was pregnant and the single thought of her being endangered makes me consider colliding my fist with Dylan's face.

"Why are you yelling at me?! It is my cousin! He won't tell anyone!" Dylan argued with us. Tom huffed and began to pace a few steps in frustration. Hope watched him with hopeless eyes, I could tell she was unsure how to calm him down.

"It doesn't matter we had a pact ... a deal not to tell anyone. Do you remember?!" Tom hissed in outrage. Dylan cowardly lowered his head under Tom's angry glare.  I don't think any of us have seen Tom so angry. "Do. You. Remember?!" Tom said once he stopped pacing and looked heatedly at Dylan, who lifted his head.

"I-I remember..." Dylan murmured.

In all honesty I think none of us will forget that night for it was a night that all of us made a huge choice.

<><><><><> 

FLASHBACK

(Still TROY'S P.O.V)

<><><><><> 

It was midnight that was for sure. The sky was pitch black, only light that seemed to illuminate in the night sky was the crescent moon. As for down on Earth the only light source near me was a bonfire. One that was full of color and heat. Even if it was summer and already hot, the bonfire seemed to comfort me ... or maybe it was the bottle in my hand that made me feel this comfort. But no matter what it was my mind was clouded, just the way I wanted it right now for just a few hours ago Maddy told me that she was pregnant ... and she wanted nothing to do with me. My mind has been in a fog since those words left her lips.

"Anyone need more beer?" My eyes glanced up to see Dylan standing up with amber colored bottle in his hand, which I was assuming was empty. I shook my head before taking another swig of the drink in my hands. I knew at this point that I was starting to feel tipsy, which didn't please me. No. Tonight I wanted to get so wasted that I wouldn't even know my left hand from my right. You might be wondering why ... simple ... my heart was shattered.

I know, I know, previously I’ve stated that I didn’t like Maddy. There was no love in my heart for her in fact all that I felt for her was annoyance. I wish I can say exactly when my feeling changed, but I can't. Yet, I know right now at this moment I wanted her so bad that it hurts.

Looking around I saw Tom staring at the fire. His eyes were dazed. I think he had the same heartbroken feeling I have right now too, for Hope just broke up with him a couple of hours ago. It’s sad to know that Dylan, Tom and I all got dumped on the same day. But admittedly I don't blame Kay for telling Dylan they were over. He just plain used her. In a way I am glad she told him it was over, and by the lost puppy look on his face he was realizing what he didn't have. Poor boy, he loves her ... now, if only he would admit it to not only himself but everyone else, especially to the one that matters: Kay. And then hopefully change his ways...

"Don't all smile at once," Dylan, Tom and I looked over to see none other than Allen. A smile twitched on his lips. I gave him a half wave before downing some more of the liquor I held. With a small chuckle Allen walked over to us.

"Dude, please tell me when you are going to announce that you are not dead. I’m so getting tired of covering for your ass," Tom murmured as he played with the cap of his Dr. Pepper bottle.