Inx's P.O.V ... I Want You Dead ... For Good

Inx's P.O.V

I sat on, my bed just staring at the ceiling. Thoughts of what the hell I was to do about Savvy and the others plagued my mind. I wondered why Tom hadn’t called and asked me to pick him up yet. Maybe he was still sleeping. We did stay out late yesterday looking for clues.

It didn’t take me long to decide it was time to get out of bed.

Going into my walk-in closet, I grabbed a white T-shirt and dark blue jeans. When I entered the bathroom I placed them on my marble counter and then proceeded to take a shower.

The hot water made my nerves calm down. I washed myself and then got out of the shower to be met by thick vapors. I opened the bathroom door to clear them of the room. Once I could see clearly, I walked over and wiped the mirror.

I got ready and then headed out of the bathroom. I walked in my room and just by chance I caught the sound of my phone buzzing as I was leaving the room. I silently cursed at myself thinking my phone must have gone on silent / vibrate mode.

What if Tom had been trying to call me?

Shit.

I grabbed the phone and saw it was not Tom, but my cousin Collin. Quickly I answered it.

“Hello?” I stated.

“Hey, it’s Collin man. You know that thing you wanted me to look in on, the whereabouts of Savvy Smith?” I smiled hoping this was good news.

“Yes,” I replied.

“Okay, well down here at the station my buddy Jamie Huggins just admitted to the Chief that he is working on a case to bring down a drug dealer... who happens to be your old buddy, Allen Goudan’s mom.”

“He’s dead,” I spoke. I heard Collin sigh.

“Actually from the eavesdropping I did, Allen isn’t died. It was a fake death to take down his mom. I don’t know the details, but I know that Jamie has Allen in a hotel outside of the city. Now I know that Savvy and Allen have history so I was thinking she might be where he is.”

“If Allen wasn’t dead he would not have kidnapped her,” I muttered as my brain started to race.

“Maybe not, but hey it’s worth taking a look at. The hotel is called, Westin Hotel.” I sighed and thought it wouldn’t hurt to look.

“Okay, thanks and if you hear about the others or get some news let me know.”

“I will.” With that we said our goodbyes and hung up. Running to the kitchen I grabbed a granola bar and bottled water before heading out.

I knew where the hotel was so it didn’t take me long to get there. Once I parked my car I walked in and went straight to the check-in counter. A woman turned and smiled upon seeing me. I grinned back, as I had a feeling I would have to flirt info out of her.

“Welcome to the Westin. How may I help you?” She questioned. I leaned on the counter and the girl moved her red hair out of her face and batted her eyelashes.

“I’m meeting a friend at his hotel room, but it slipped my mind what his room number is. Now I would have called him, but my phone is dead.”

“You can use the customer service phone and call him,” she replied. I sighed thinking that didn’t go as planned.

“I haven’t memorized his number, so do you mind looking him up and telling me, please.” I asked. She huffed and giggled.

“I am not supposed to, but ... okay, what’s the name?”