Chapter 30 - Always

I woke with a large smile on my face and soft lips attached to my forehead. “Mmm, Boo,” I murmured happily.

“Time to get up, sleepyhead,” he whispered down to me.

“But I don’t want to,” I groaned as I tried to push him away from me.

“Liam and Niall say they’ve got something planned for us to do today and we really have to get dressed. Sorry, Hazza.” He looked regretful, as if he wished he could make me happy and say I could stay in bed.

“It’s fine. But I can’t get up quite yet.”

He raised an eyebrow and smirked, “And why would that be?”

“I’ve got a fit guy with a massive bum sitting on me, and I’d be a right idiot to push him off,” I quipped.

This earned me a chuckle. “Oh? And why not push him? What makes this guy so special?”

“This fit guy just happens to be my boyfriend,” I winked at him before pecking his lips and rolling out from under him.

“Oi! What happened to not pushing me off? You tease,” he grunted, lunging after me.

I managed to escape his hold once again. “But you love me. Besides, you’re the one who told me we need to get dressed.” He sighed, rolling his eyes and getting up after me.

We pulled on casual outfits and thumped down the stairs, finding the rest of the boys seated in front of the television watching football. We plopped down beside them and Liam’s head shot up.

“Finally, you two are up! I was dreading having to go up there myself and physically get you dressed, because we really need to get going! I swear, sometimes I wonder why I do so much for you…” he trailed off, muttering something about ungrateful gits.

“Just ignore him,” Niall said, “he’s stressed. You know what I mean.”

“Stressed about what?” Louis asked.

“Oh, nothing, nothing. Nothing for you to worry about. Wow, look at the time! We better get going. Liam, Zayn!” He scuttled toward the door.

“Hold up there, Nialler. What are you hiding? And get going where?” I questioned him curiously.

“You’ll see. All in good time, lad,” he replied before slipping out the door.

We piled into the van, Liam in front with the driver. I assumed this was because he knew where we were going. Why were the boys keeping secrets from Louis and I? Hadn’t we already learned it was always better to just say what’s on your mind and get it out there? That’s basically what the problem with Lou and I was.

“Niall? You going to tell me what’s on your mind?”

“Not a chance,” he said smugly.

“I’ll get it out of you eventually, little leprechaun,” I swore.

“Not if we get there first.”

“Huh?” So his secret was something to do with wherever we were going today. God, can’t we go any faster? I really hate secrets being kept from me.

“Louis…” I whined.

“Yeah?”

“Make us go faster! You know I hate secrets,” I complained.

“I do too, Hazzabear,” he assured me, “but it’s not something bad. We can wait a few minutes for our surprise or whatever Liam planned for us.”

“But I want to know where we’re going!” I exclaimed.

“Ah-ah-ah,” Liam poked his head between the seats. “If we tell you, then it won’t be a surprise.”