Chapter 27 - The Cutest Thing Ever

When Liam got back home, he was happy to find that Louis and I could stand to be in the same room as each other again. He gave me a thumb up when Louis had his back turned, and I rolled my eyes.

Lou and I had returned once again to our bantering selves, with the addition of frequent kisses. To the other boys it likely looked like we were finally together, but we both knew better. We were only halfway there. For now, it was good enough to make us both happy.

Today was our flight back to London. We’d been out here to record, but we hadn’t gotten much done due to Louis and I not being able to work together. We got in some last minute recording this morning, but now we were packing frantically because they hadn’t told us what time we were leaving and a van had just showed up with the driver telling us we needed to go catch our flight. Would it kill management to be a bit more organized and actually tell us something?

I could tell it was driving Liam crazy that he didn’t have control of what was going on. He kept running his hands sharply through his hair, slamming doors and reopening them to close them softly because he felt bad. We were all stressed, but let me tell you: You do not want to get a stressed or frustrated Liam Payne under any circumstances. He’s absolutely mental.

When we all finally had our bags stuffed full and piled in the van, we clicked on our seatbelts and Liam let out a long, deep sigh. We all stared at him.

“What? That was really stressful for me, guys. Give me a break.” He pouted at us, and we all laughed.

Niall lightly chuckled, slinging an arm around Liam’s shoulders and nuzzling his face into his neck. “We know, Li. We can’t do anything about them not telling us when we were leaving. We’re done now anyway, calm down.” He dropped his voice lower, whispering something in Liam’s ear. A second later Liam was as red as a tomato and tried to hide it by burying his face in Niall’s freshly dyed hair.

“Ooh, Liam’s embarrassed! What did you say to him, Ni?” Louis teased. Niall had a slight flush too, I noticed. Strange.

“I just told him I’d do everything I could to embarrass him more if he didn’t calm himself… like grab his crotch the next time we’re onstage or make him rip his trousers again or something.” We all laughed even harder, Liam glaring at him.

“Shut up! You all would actually do something like that, so it’s not funny!” I just shook my head.

The five of us had fun messing with Liam for the rest of the van ride to the airport. When we got through our private security check and boarded the plane, we were handed our seat tickets. I was next to Louis, and across from us were Zayn, Niall and Liam. The moment we put our stuff down and settled into our chairs, Zayn was asleep with his head against the window. Niall tapped Liam’s shoulder, who then turned to whisper to Louis and I to take a look.

He looked so silly like that. Of course, that meant we all had to take pictures and tweet them. He would be so mad at us for it later, but it would be so worth it. It was just too funny to resist.

I wasn’t feeling so depressed today. My mood was drastically more lighthearted. I had come to terms with the fact that my heart was stubborn, and decided to ignore it for the time being. I had Louis, and that was more than I could ever ask for.

Speak of the devil, the man beside me jabbed a finger into my side and I winced. “Oi, Lou, why’d you have to do that?” I scowled at him.

“I was trying to get your attention ‘cause you were staring off into space. Pilot said get ready for takeoff.” I nodded, smiling at him gratefully and he smirked. Pushing my bag under the chair in front of me, I sat up to find his gaze snapping away from where my bum had been up a few seconds ago and his cheeks turning red.