Chapter 3 - Hope We Have Each Other

The next morning I woke up with nobody beside me, not drenched, and in the middle of the bed wrapped around a pillow. What a boring way to start the day. Just as I started to stand up I remembered why it was such a peaceful morning, and my bright mood quickly dimmed.

I was not going to let Simon ruin my life. I felt rested and my head had cleared, and I knew this was a stupid argument. Of course Louis still liked me.

Throwing on some interview-ready clothes, I slid down the banister of the stairs. Unfortunately, it seemed as if Louis had the same idea just after me, so he crashed into me from behind and we both fell off the bottom end in a heap with a loud bang.

“Ouch… Lou, get your fat arse off me! Can’t breathe!” I jokingly shoved at his shoulder.

“Watch where you’re going next time. You know I never actually use the stairs, why would you go down the banister right in front of me?” Wait a second, Louis didn’t sound like he was joking… why wouldn’t he be?

“Well, I wanted to have some fun and how was I supposed to know you were behind me, I don’t have eyes in the back of my head you know!” I laughed it off and squirmed out from under him, getting to my feet and offering him my hand, which he refused.

He refused my help?

“Boo? What’s wrong? Why are you ignoring me?” I could feel the pain in my chest once again.

He looked up at me quickly before turning toward the kitchen. “I’m not ignoring you. We’re best friends, remember? And we’ve got that stupid interview this afternoon.” He was still ignoring me! And reminding me why I thought he hated me.

Following him, I grabbed a bowl and poured myself some cereal. Liam was also sitting at the table with cereal, but he had his in a cup so he didn’t need to use a spoon. Smirking, I grabbed the spoon I was going to use for my own cereal, crept up behind him, and quickly stuck the spoon on top of his cup so that the next time he reached for some cereal-

“HARRY EDWARD STYLES! What have I told you about giving me spoons? Ah! Get it away!” He screamed, scrambling behind his chair and pointing at the spoon. I laughed, that reaction was just too funny. Scared of spoons, Liam, really? Of all things…

“I said get it away!” He began to try to use the chair leg to push the spoon off his cereal, which just succeeded in making me laugh harder. “Harry, why are you torturing him? Just eat your breakfast,” Louis grumbled, slumping down in a seat across the table.

I grabbed my spoon back and Liam resumed eating. “Louis, now I know something’s up. You’re the prankster, and normally you’d be laughing right along with me… whatever it is, you can tell me, you know you can!” The more he ignored me, the greater the pain in my heart grew.

“Nothing’s wrong, I don’t know what you’re talking about! I’m going to go eat in my room, see you all later for the interview.” He stalked off with his bowl. Thanks for reminding me of it yet again, Lou, I really appreciate it. Groaning, I plopped down in my own chair. “Zayn and Niall up yet?” I asked.

“Niall already ate, he’s making reservations for dinner at Nandos. Zayn claims he doesn’t need food because he’s perfect the way he is right now and rushed back into his room to fix his hair again.”

Of course Niall ate, the hungry leprechaun. He’d probably be back down for more as soon as he got off the phone. Liam placed his cup in the sink and sat down on the couch, turning on the television.

“This afternoon, live at 2 P.M., we welcome One Direction! Keep watching to make sure you don’t miss this interview with the world’s hottest boy band, including members Harry Styles,” it showed a picture of me, “Liam Payne, Niall Horan, Louis Tomlinson, and Zayn Malik!” It then showed a picture of each of the other boys in turn. “Don’t miss One Direction’s live interview!” Not wanting to hear any more about my ‘coming out’ interview with Louis, I stole the remote from Liam and changed channels.