Chapter 28 - Prove That He Loves Me

Liam was hustling around in the morning, getting everyone up and starting to cook breakfast. I yawned and glanced at the clock. We just got back, why in the world was he waking us up this early?

 Liam, please tell me you have a good reason for waking me at an ungodly hour of the morning,” I groaned at him as I joined him in the kitchen.

“As a matter of fact, I do. Simon called; we’ve got a meeting with management.”

He tries to hide it, but I can see the worry in his face. The last time we had a surprise meeting like this, they told Louis and I that we were going to date. Of course, that had actually turned out to be a good thing, but obviously they weren’t afraid to make us do things that sounded crazy. What would it be this time?

“Oh… do we have to go?” I complain.

“Yes. You finish up here, I’ll go wake the others.” He glares at a spoon sitting on the counter before heading up the stairs.

I took up where he’d left off. The boys trickled down the stairs one by one, yawning and muttering about stupid Liam and management. Finally, the food was done and I arranged it onto five plates, setting them on the table. Niall and Louis dug in while I went to put away the ingredients. Just then, Liam came rushing down the stairs, almost crashing into my chair that I’d left pulled out.

“Guys, you have to help me! Zayn is trying to kill me!” He shoved his way under the table, trying to conceal himself with our legs.

Zayn bolted down the stairs. His hair was floppy and squished on one side and he looked enraged. “Where’s Liam? When I find that git he’s dead!”

“Erm, Zayn? What did Liam do?” I asked, a bit confused. He snorted.

“Not only did he wake me at an hour I should never be woken, he messed with my hair! Nobody touches the hair!”

Liam should really know better than to do anything with Zayn’s hair, even if it was to wake him up.

“He was just trying to wake you up. We’ve got another meeting with management this morning.” He immediately seemed to lose his anger, shoulders slumping.

“What do they need us for now?” he grumbled, plopping himself down at the table. I signaled to Liam that it would probably be okay for him to come up now, so he rolled out.

Right next to Zayn.

“What the- Liam?” He stared down at the younger boy on the ground.

Liam popped up, smiling guiltily. “I’m sorry for touching your hair, Zayn. I didn’t know how else to wake you.” He looked down.

Zayn smirked, “You’re forgiven, but you better watch your back.” Liam took his seat beside Niall and began eating as well.

I had the strangest feeling. It felt like something big was coming, as if something was going to be solved or discovered today. I had no clue why I would feel that way, but it put me on edge. Louis noticed my tension and massaged my shoulders, making me relax and lean into him.

“You okay there, Hazza?” he asked worriedly.

“Fine. Just nervous for the meeting. You know how crazy they get, Lou.” He seemed to believe my excuse; either that or he didn’t want to push me. Either way I was grateful.

Niall finished his food first, as expected. He stared hungrily at the leftovers on our plates, and I chuckled. “Go ahead and take it, Nialler. It’s not like we’re all eating any more.” He grinned thankfully at me before devouring what remained on the table.