Chapter 4 - In A Relationship

“Hello everybody, welcome back to ITV News! I’m here with the boys from One Direction, what a treat! Boys, care to introduce yourselves?”

“Hello, I’m Liam Payne, 18 and from Wolverhampton. That’s Niall Horan, 18 and from Mullingar, Louis Tomlinson, 20 and from Doncaster, Harry Styles, 18 and from Holmes Chapel, and Zayn Malik, 19 and from Bradford…” He trailed off, signaling the rest of us to join him, “and we’re One Direction!” We smiled, remembering when we used to do things like that in our video diaries.

“Again, welcome, we’re glad to have you with us,” the anchorman excitedly smiled, “My name is Reis and I’ll be your host this afternoon! How have you guys been since the tour?”

Zayn spoke up, “We’ve been doing well, thanks. We’re just enjoying our time off, relaxing, and catching up on our regular lives. Tour was quite crazy; it was just insane! So actually coming back and not having something to do all the time is a huge change that we have to get used to.”

“And how was the tour?”

“For our first time having our own tour under our own name, it was amazing! So many fans came to see us, in fact the tour sold out, and we love our fans so much and we can never really even say how much we appreciate them, because without them we wouldn’t be here right now, so THANK YOU DIRECTIONERS!” Louis felt a need to scream the last bit. Why? I’m not sure, that’s Louis in general though.

The anchorman continued to ask about our career. “And I hear you’re starting to work on a new album? What’s happening?”

Zayn laughed, “VAS HAPPENIN’?” and we all had to choke back violent giggles. Liam decided it was his turn to answer the question, since the rest of us couldn’t control ourselves.

“Yes, that is true. We’re thinking of ideas for our new songs, as we’re still in the songwriting process and haven’t actually done recording yet, so tweet or email us your suggestions! The album will be released hopefully mid next year.”

“Thank you, boys! Enough about that, let’s get to the questions everyone’s just dying to know the answers to. Let’s have the fans tweet us questions, and we’ll select ten random questions that you all have to answer?” He smirked as if he knew what we had to announce today. Oh no, it must be coming soon, during these questions… I hope Louis has a strong hand because I’d really hate to break his hand on live television as I announce we’re dating. Somehow, I don’t think that would go over well with management or our fans.

Niall answered, “Sounds good, mate! Tweet us your questions, well actually tweet the questions to Reis, and we will see what you guys come up with!”

“And… looks like we’ve got a thousand question submissions! Sorry fans, time is UP! Let’s see what we’ve got!” Does this Reis guy enjoy making situations awkward? I think Simon must’ve told him we had a big announcement, ‘cause he has this knowing smirk on while talking about fan questions, which I’m thinking isn’t good for Louis and I at all.

“First we got a question from bringstairsback! She would like to know why you buys stopped doing video diaries?”

“Well, I’m not sure why we aren’t allowed to record them anymore,” Liam said, “but I know that we needed to focus more on recording and touring and making those diaries can be quite a distraction. Keep your eyes peeled, though, the diaries might be coming back soon!”

“loverofstories seriously wants to hear which of the other boys in the band each of you would date, if you didn’t have to worry about management or the fans and everyone would be okay with it. This should be interesting.” Well, I guess I can kind of lead into the whole Louis and I situation starting here. Everyone expects us to say each other anyway.