Chapter 6 - I Won't Cuddle With You

The van ride was terrible. Niall wouldn’t shut up about how hungry he was, Louis was playing small pranks on everyone while their backs were turned, Zayn was trying but failing to sleep on Liam, who was yelling angrily at all of us to calm down.

So that we couldn’t see where we were heading, the windows of our van had all been covered from the inside. Our laptops were at home and Paul had taken our phones, so there was literally nothing to do.

Sighing, I slapped my hand over Lou’s mouth and laid across his chest. “Can you please be quiet, Boo? I’m tired and you make a comfy pillow,” I complained.

He chuckled down at me, “Sure, anything for my Hazza! Go to sleep, I’ll wake you when we get there.”

In my drowsy state of mind I forgot to remind him that waking someone up with a prank, bucket of water, loud noises, or injury is not a good idea. Snuggling closer to him, I gripped his shirt and curled my body into his. I felt him tense for a second before relaxing and wrapping his arms around me and beginning to hum something soft and soothing in my ear.

What felt like only a few seconds later, but in reality was likely a few hours, I felt my body being lifted. I arched my back slightly, rubbing my eyes.

“Boobear, where are we going?” I asked.

“Oh, did I wake you? Sorry. We got to the house, Haz, and it’s huge! You might want to get your room before Zayn or Liam take the best ones, though. Unless you don’t mind. I don’t. Ooh, do I smell carrots?” He somewhat gently put me down before running in the direction of what I assumed must be the kitchen.

Groaning, I rubbed more sleep from my eyes, trudging down the hall. I heard some random crashing noises upstairs and wondered what it was before realizing it was probably Zayn and Niall fighting over their rooms. Opening a door at the end of the hall, I saw a nice sized bedroom with a closet and a large bathroom. Deciding this was fine, I flopped down on the bed, ready for a nap.

Louis came barging in. “Aw, you got the best room downstairs! When I said find a room, I didn’t mean the one I wanted… I was just going outside to grab our suitcases!” He pouted adorably at me. God, he knew I could never resist that expression!

“Well you didn’t save your room or even tell me it was yours! I was the one lying in here, and you even conveniently brought me my bags. Thanks, Boo!” His eyes saddened even more, if that was possible.

“But Hazzabear…” he whimpered.

“I said no, Louis. Sorry. Don’t worry, I think the one across the hall is still open.” With that, he got up, dragging his bags into the other room before running back in and jumping on top of me.

“Get off! I was trying to sleep, you git!” I shoved at him but he wouldn’t budge, grasping the sheets behind my head.

“SWEET REVENGE!” He yelled before starting yet another tickle fight. We were such children sometimes; even I tend to forget we’re legal adults.

“If you don’t get off then I’ll make my delicious tacos for all of us but you!”

“I can deal with that.” Ugh, what can I threaten him with that he would actually move if not my fabulous cooking?

“I’ll… uh… I’ll throw all the carrots out!”

“You’d just have to buy me more; you know how crazy I get without my daily dose of carrots.”

I was desperately thinking of things I could do to him. “I could… lock you in a room with Niall for a day with no food! I could… break Zayn’s mirror and leave the pieces in your room so he gets mad at you! I could… not cuddle with you for an entire day! I could…”