Part 22 - Mutual

Ethan's POV:

"Fuck, fuck, fuck," I cursed, driving through the streets, not caring about the traffic signs. "What did I do?" I kept repeating. I looked over to Grayson who was basically dead right next to me. He looked slightly pale. He wasn't moving and you could barely hear him breathing. When I got to the hospital, which was only a couple minutes away, I jumped out of the car and ran over to the other side, opening the door and grabbing Grayson carefully. I carried him inside and yelled, hoping someone could save his life. "HELP! PLEASE HELP HIM!" I screamed. Nurses came rushing over and led me to a hospital bed where I could set him. After I let him there, they took him away and I had to wait in the waiting room. 

"Who's the patient?" A nurse asked. 

"Hi- His name is Grayson Dolan. He's 19 years old and he fell down the stairs," I said, lying. I think I could go to jail if they find out I pushed him.

"And he is your...." He asked. filling out the paperwork.

"He's my boyfriend. Please help him... please..." I let out as I began sobbing. This is all my fault. If he dies, it's all my fault.

"Alright, I'll let you know when we know anything about your boyfriend, sir," He told me. I snapped my head and looked at him. Boyfriend? He walked away and left me there, all alone. Please, help him get better. It was never my intention to hurt him. I know that he did what he did because he didn't wanna be the one to hurt me, but I guess he didn't realize that he would end up hurting me even more. "I forgive you, Grayson..." I whispered as more tears fell down my cheek. The sound of Grayson hitting each and every step on the way down repeating over and over again in my mind. Why did I have to be so stupid?

-

45 minutes later, a doctor came out to the waiting room where I was fast asleep. I guess he asked a nurse who was with Grayson because he came over and woke me up, asking me if I was there with Grayson?

"Are you Mr. Grayson Dolan's boyfriend?" The doctor asked. I sat up rubbing my eyes. I just nodded because at this point, why even deny the fact that I called him my boyfriend. If the nurse already thought that, why confuse him. "Come with me," He said and I got up, following him down a hallway.

"How is he?" I asked, eager to know if I really killed him. If I did, I would come clean and let them lock me up for doing such a horrible thing to the most important person in my life.

"Well, luckily, he only broke his leg and popped his shoulder off his socket, but it could be worse," He said, emphasizing the fact that it's nothing compared to what could've actually happened. "We were able to pop his shoulder back into place and put a cast around his leg. He's gonna need to use crutches. Now, do you live near him?" He asked.

"We live together," I told him, as we stopped outside a room. He nodded and placed his hand on the doorknob, but didn't turn it.

"Good, he's gonna need a lot of help over the next couple of days," He said, opening the door to reveal a bruised Grayson. "He's asleep, but you can stay with him," The doctor added. I walked over and sat down next to him. I grabbed his hand and held it in mine, not being able to take my gaze off of his face. He had a few scratches on his cheek and forehead. His arm was pretty bruised up and his other arm had a sling on it. I looked over him and realized that underneath the sheets, one leg looked fatter than the other one, which is the one I assumed had the cast on it.

"Grayson..." I began talking, squeezing his hand. "I'm so sorry... I didn't mean to push you. I got carried away by my emotions and couldn't control myself. I feel terrible for what I did. And also... I didn't mean it when I said I hated you. I don't hate you, Grayson. I love you. And I totally forgive you for what you did. I understand now that you didn't say anything because you didn't wanna hurt me... Or better said, you didn't wanna be the one to hurt me. But please Grayson, don't die. I promise I will be here with you and help you until you don't need it," I said, and by now, more tears were streaming down my face. I lowered my head onto our hands and continued crying until I fell fast asleep. 

-

I woke up to the sound of doctors rushing into the room, all moving way too quickly. Once I was fully awake, I saw the monitor and saw a straight line across the screen, alongside a long, steady beep. My eyes grew wide. It can't be.

"Please step outside sir," a nurse said as she grabbed me and basically threw me out the door. I began shaking uncontrollably and hyperventilating. I became dizzy and I started falling over. Luckily, a nearby doctor was able to catch me so I didn't fall to the floor.

"Sir, what's wrong?" She asked, giving me air with her hand.

"I did this..." I let out, feeling more dizzier.

"Did what?" She asked, looking confused.

"I killed him.. I killed my brother..." I said, my eyes feeling heavy. "I pushed him down the stairs," I added before everything turned black.

--

What's up guys!

Wow, this truly is a Christmas miracle that I uploaded not one, but 2 chapters today. And guess what? I'm gonna work on the next (and possibly) the last chapter of this book!

It's a lil short but it ends with  cliffhanger soooo stay tuned

Hope you guys got great presents this Christmas (for those who celebrate it)

~N