Part 11 - Nightmares

Ethan's POV:

I kept calling out Grayson's name but there was no answer. I grabbed my phone and called him. It didn't even ring, it just went straight to voicemail. I called again and the same thing happened. To sum it all up, I called him 7 times and all 7 of those went to voicemail. It's as if he had his phone off. I began to grow more and more anxious as time went by and I didn't know anything from him.

Grayson? Where are you?

Grayson?

Please, just tell me where you are I'm a bit worried.

I've called you like 10 times please answer

Grayson please

I'm getting really worried now

Look, I'm sorry I chose him over you but please come home

If only you knew the reason why I did you would understant

Please I can't deal with not knowing if you're ok or not

Grayson

Are you at least ok?

You don't have to come home but please just let me know you're ok

If you're not home in 20 minutes I'm calling 911

15 minutes

10 minutes

PLEASE GRAYSON ANSWER ME ARE YOU OK??

I'm calling 911

You might be thinking "Ethan, why are you overreacting?" well I'm not. I've texted Grayson 17 times in the past hour and a half and he hasn't answered any of my messages. There really is no other way I could feel. But instead of calling 911, I thought it would be better to for me to go out and look for him instead. I ran out the house and got into my car and drove off towards the mall. Who knows, maybe he's somewhere along the way. It would be easy for me to find him because I know his car. It's teal, small, square, has white... I just know that if I saw it I'd know it's Gray's car and not a random one. Halfway to the mall I stopped because of the traffic. I sighed and decided to turn around and drive back home. Maybe he's at home now.

-

 Update: I've been home for around 45 more minutes and there's still no sign of Grayson. I sighed as I sat on the couch, looking at the TV. I felt myself doze off and soon enough, I had fallen asleep. 

"I don't get why you're always so salty!" I screamed, throwing my hands up in the air.

"Because, Ethan, how the hell do you want me to feel when I was suddenly replaced?!" Grayson yelled, tears building up in his eyes.

"Why the fuck do you think you're replaced in the first place?" I asked, staring at him.

"I'm not an idiot Ethan. We barely hang out together, you don't even talk to me anymore. We basically don't even live together!" He yelled, looking extremely hurt. I sighed and walked over to him, touching his arm. "Don't touch me Ethan!" He yelled. I stepped back and held my arms up in defense. "You're the person who has hurt me the most. All these years I have thought of  you as a nice,caring, kind, educated, fun young man. But now you don't even care about me. It's as if I don't exist anymore," And with that he turned around and locked himself in his room. I went and knocked on his door lightly.

"Grayson, please I just want to talk," I said but there was no answer. I sat down outside his door, waiting to see if he would open up... but he never did. I thought I was over him but I guess I'm not. Seeing him this broken affected the way I feel. I still see him as the perfect man to be with. He was WAY better than Aidan was. He was nicer, cared more, wasn't as rough, hotter, had a way better body than him, I could go on for days. But now, had I realized how much damage I had done to our relationship. "Grayson, please. I know you're in there please let me in," I said again, hearing his footsteps inside. I couldn't believe I was the reason why he's like this. I heard his footsteps stop and I pressed my ear to see what I could hear. He hissed as if he were in pain and a few minutes later, I heard the sound of his body hitting the floor. I jumped up and tried to open the door, but it wouldn't budge. I then used my body to hit it, trying to break in. After 6 times of throwing myself like an idiot, was I able to actually break open the door. "Gray?" I yelled, looking for him around. I poked my head into his bathroom and there he was. Laying, lifeless on the floor. "GRAYSON?!" I yelled, running over to him. I grabbed him and brought him closer to me, trying to find a heartbeat. But I never did. 

I woke up when I heard a door slam. I looked around and saw none other than Grayson Bailey Dolan at the door, taking his shoes off. I shot up and just stared at him as he began walking past me.

"What are you looking at?" He asked, walking into the kitchen.

"I texted and called you like 20 times. You didn't answer any of them," I told him, following him.

"Yeah, cause my phone died," He answered. I narrowed my eyes as they followed him around the kitchen. 

"Well... I was getting worried. I thought something had happened to you," I said and I heard him snicker. "What?" 

"It's funny how literally these past couple of weeks you've ignored, right? Then you have a sudden change of heart and you love me again, only to humiliate me in public and now you're saying that you were worried about me? I'm sorry but that's quite hard to wrap my head around," He shot back. Ouch. 

"Listen, Grayson I-"

"Look. In case you were really wondering, I went down to the café and hung out there for a while. I parked in the back because I didn't want you to see my car and walk in. And if you must know, I really did enjoy being there alone. It felt.... relieving," He added, not making eye contact. 

"Are you being serious right now?" I asked. He laughed and shook his head.

"Don't pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about. You, more than anyone, know what you've been doing to me. You just don't want to admit it, not to me, not to yourself," He told me as he walked up to his room, closing and locking the door. He was right. I did know what I was doing. Deep down, I knew what Grayson was feeling, I just didn't want to admit that I was doing something like that to the person I love. I just hope that one day, maybe we can fix things and just go back to the way they're supposed to be.

--

What's up guys!

Sorry for this short, insignificant chapter. I honestly had written the next one and needed like a "filler" chapter and I just threw this together in literally like 10 minutes so I apologize for the bad content. The interesting parts will be here shortly, I promise.

Hope you have a good day!

~N