Part 2 - Confessions

Grayson's POV:

I woke up at 3:50 AM because I had to go pee. Yeah, I hate when that happens. I got up and walked over to the door, opening it quietly as to not wake Ethan up. He's been pretty tired lately like if he hadn't been getting enough sleep. I've asked him what's wrong but he just doesn't tell me anything. I don't wanna pressure him into telling me something he doesn't want to but I'm getting a bit worried. Last time this happened to Ethan, he was suffering from Depression and I was completely unaware, until I found him on the floor about to swallow a whole container of pills. I'm slightly terrified that he's suffering from something like that again. But all I can really do right now is show him that I'll always be there for him and that no matter what happens, I'll always love him. I slowly made my way down the hallway, since I was pretty tired. As I turn the corner, I immediately bump into somebody, causing me to fall to the floor. I kid you not I almost got a heart attack.

"Who the fuck are you?! Why are you in here?! What do you want?!" I yelled. I tried to get up but I fell back down. I was completely terrified, yet my very first and only thought was to protect Ethan. With that, I managed to stand up and flipped the lights on to see who the perpetrator was, which to my surprise was Ethan himself. "Ethan, you scared the shit out of me," I said as I went over to help him up.

"I couldn't sleep," He just said as he got up, looking at me. Imagine what would've happened if I had started attacking him thinking it was some criminal. Huh, maybe I do watch too many crime documentaries.

"How come? Did you have a nightmare?" I asked. It's not like Ethan to be awake so early in the morning. He only wakes up in the middle of the night when he's not feeling well.

"No, I just have too much on my head," He answered. I wasn't until then that I realized he was covered from head to toe with his blanket. He kinda looks like a giant cozy burrito. "Did I wake you up?" He added.

"No, I have to go pee. I didn't know you were downstairs," I said as I rubbed my eyes again. I am extremely exhausted. Ethan and I went to the fair last night and we were literally so drained. We actually got back not too long ago. I'm surprised we even made it home to be honest.

"Why is it so cold in here?" He asked.

"Oh... I don't know. Hold up, lemme check," I said as I walked over to the thermostat, lightly tapping on it to see if it turned on. "Seems like it's broken," I told him once I realized that it wasn't going to.

"How the fuck are you not shivering? Are you not cold? I'm literally freezing and I have my blanket around me," He said as he walked closer to me. He was shivering violently and I felt kinda bad. Ethan's room always gets way colder than mine for some reason.

"Kinda. I don't know I didn't even realize it was this cold," I told him. He stood there for a couple seconds, still shivering, before he turned around and made his way towards his room. I felt bad for him having to sleep in his igloo. "Wait.." I let out as I took 2 giants steps to reach Ethan. He stopped and turned around, looking kind of surprised at how close I had gotten so quickly.

"What?"

"Why don't you go to my room? It's warmer and I don't want you to spend the night shivering," I said, placing my hand on his shoulder and smiling down at him. He smiled back at me and I smiled even more. I love seeing Ethan so happy. "I mean... if you want," I added.

"Ok, sure," He said as he made his way over to my room. I continued my journey to the bathroom, that was just past the corner.

"I'll be right there, I just have to pee really quick," I yelled from the bathroom. I heard my door open and I quickly peed and washed my hands. Now I was feeling colder than when I got up. I basically ran over to my room and went in, closing the door behind me. I got underneath the sheets and got comfortable. "Goodnight E."