Awfully Wonderful Memories (new version)

It was eleven fifteen and the boys had just gotten back to the hotel they weren't as tired as they should have been, so they sat around in the living room chatting. Until Niall remembered Zayn was suppose to tell them how he met that girl, Marina.

"Well it's a long...ish story so don't fall asleep on me." He said adjusting himself so he was wrapped up in a dark green blanket on the plush loveseat that sat closest to the kitchenette. The other boys laid around wrapped up in their covers as well. They all stared at Zayn with new interest as he began to tell his story, making sure to leave out all the magic stuff of course.

"I had been running away from the police when I first heard Marina sing..." he trailed off into memory.

FLASHBACK

I was running from the Knights Guard through the forest of the castle with my guitar strapped tightly to my back. 'Cause apparently singing for a little bit of extra cash is illegal. Its not like I was stealing or trespassing, I'm not a criminal. But the police and "higher class" people only saw me and my friends as low life peasants. I don't know why though because we're all mermaids here its not like I'm a dirty human. Hahaha. I slowed down knowing that the knights were long gone and wouldn't be able to find me because the dense forest and because of my awesome earth controlling powers that are still slightly underdeveloped but I'm only twelve so its expected. I knew the forest behind the royal castle was large and it would take some time before I found the edge and made my way to my mother, who was probably already worried sick even thought school had ended only an hour and a half ago.

I was humming to my own tunes, walking around the dense forest aimlessly when I saw a black column, as I got closer I realized it was a wall. A shiny black wall with five large, opened windows about nine feet tall, and even taller columns in between each one. Amazed at the sheer size of the building, I wandered around it looking for an entrance when I heard her, a girls voice and the strumming of a guitar perfectly in time with her singing. I froze to listen to her with more clarity...

"To all your friends you're delirious

So consumed In all your doom,

ooh

Trying hard to fill the emptiness

The pieces gone

Left the puzzle undone

Ain't that the way it is..."

Wow she sounded so...emotional, like she meant every single word that past through her lips. My feet moved on their own accord and I followed the silk as honey voice until I reached these oversized doors. I pushed one of them opened. It was a green house with hundreds of brightly colored flowers ranging from yellow to red. There was a lot of bushes and trees I had never seen before spread around every were. It was the dream garden for anyone with a green thumb. I followed the stone trail, towards the melody and finally found her sitting on a bench wearing a blue dress. Surrounded by flowers and a white dove sitting in a bird bath next to her...she was stunning. But who was she? I knew she didn't go to my school I would have definitely recognize her. I stayed quiet as she continued to sing.

"Cause you are beautiful No matter what they say

Words can't bring you down

Ohh no

'Cause you are beautiful In every single way

Yes words can't bring you down

Ohh no

So don't you bring me down today..."

She finished the song in a soft whisper. If it wasn't for my heightened scenes I wouldn't had heard her. Taking off my guitar quietly I hid behind a tree and slid down so I was sitting with it in my lap. She begins talking.

"How was that Sasha? Much better then the other version don't ya think?" Who is she talking to?

"Why thank you mad'am" She said mocking a posh british accent.

"I'm glad its finally school break! That means more time to spend away from the retched castle. We can go swimming more often too. Maybe even make some friends!" Maybe I could be her first friend...but how does she not have friends? She's so pretty and talented...the castle. She lives in the castle!

"Yes I know I still have training. But I was talking about afterwards." There was a long pause.

"No I don't hear anything. Its probably just your own imagination." She laughed. I laid my head against the tree bark not caring about my hair getting messy. I just wanted to hear her talk and laugh. She makes me feel good on the inside. There's just something about her....

"You want to hear the other song I'm working on?" Yes, yes I would love that.

"I walk a lonely road

The only one that I have ever known Don't know where it goes

But it's only me, and I walk alone

I walk this empty street

On the boulevard of broken dreams Where the city sleeps

And I'm the only one, and I walk alone

I walk alone, I walk alone I walk alone and

My shadow's the only one that walks beside me

My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating

Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me..."

"That's all I have so far. I'm trying to write the next verse but it will come to me eventually. Did you like it?"I loved it can you please sing it again? I wanted to say but fear swallowed my words.

She starts giggling,"Oh your very funny but I would kill Leo if he ever tried." Hearing that made my smile vanish who is Leo? Her boyfriend maybe....

"You would kill me if I ever tried what?" A new voice emerged Leo? He sounded younger them me. I pop my head around the tree to see a boy with a monkey on his shoulder walking to my girl. Wait did I really just claim her as mine? I must be losing it. I didn't even know her name yet!

"-so we have to go before mother gets any angrier."

"But Leo tell her I'm not hungry! Please brother."

"You know what mother would say! Just come on." Oh no she's leaving....well being dragged away by her brother.

*END FLASHBACK*

And that was the first of many encounters with the first girl I fell in love with. Thinking of her now just brought back all those painful but love filled memories Zayn had fought so hard to bury deep inside the recesses of his mind.

She's practically the reason I'm here now. Zayn thought as he felt a traitorous tear make its way down his cheek. Forgetting about the boys completely Zayn got up and walked out the hotel suite. He didn't want his friends to see how weak he is, how much of a wreak he is on the inside. It was the price of living a lie.

Zayn wandered the hotel for a while thanking the goddess herself that none of there fans knew where they were staying tonight. His feet guided him through room after room until he so a door simply entitled Pool and Hot Tub. Though pool hours were over hours ago Zayn didn't care. He needed a swim and time to think.

*************************************************

New version!

songs:

Boulevard of broken dreams by Green Day

You are beautiful by Christina Aguilera

thanks to anyone that read, voted, and commented I haven't been the best author I can be at the moment and I apologize but I'm getting better and i should continue editing this story and updating my others really soon.