The End

Marina's P.O.V

It's been almost three days since everything that happened. I haven't heard from anyone in the kingdom, which included Paul. I still can't believe that he's my-my father, you would think I would have realized it sooner of something ya know? This thing was just one big secret that finally got out. Even though it cost my sister and best friend her life, I'm glad that the worst of it is over. Sasha's did not die in vain and I'm glad that we did get to say our final goodbyes. The boys (mostly Eleanor) came up with the sweetest idea of having a little memorial for Sasha to give me some closure. I sat on the bench in front of her beautiful headstone that Zayn made her out of white marble with cursive engraving on it:

Sasha

My best friend, loving sister and powerful protector.

1994-2012

My heart squeezed as I read the words several times but the cool breeze of the night air slightly comforted me, I had been out here for hours just thinking and writing in my journal. We had to leave in the morning so that the boys can go back to work for their new tour and Eleanor had to catch a plane to a photoshoot all the way in Australia. I had some business to do with Simon and whatever he has planned for me. Which kind of sucked because I didn't want to leave this place, I didn't want to leave and be alone-alone, that feeling was completely foreign to me because I had always had Sasha there with me.

I felt someone watching me and turned around to an unsuspected person. I reached for my sword that was at my side.

"I know I'm the last person you wanted to see, but I'm not here to fight." Kane put his hands up in surrender. "I'm here to say I'm so sorry about everything I put you and your family through. I'm also sorry I realized that too late." I turned back around to hide my teary-eyed face from him.

"I can't find in my heart to blame you for what has happened. You were blinded by power just like my fath- Nathaniel was. It's his fault and he's dead now so you can just go. There is no need to apologize to me." The words feel my mouth with sincerity because that's how I honestly felt about the whole situation. I know many people in my shoes would be raising hell if they were in my position but I was tired of the fighting, and being mad at everyone that has made a mistake once in their lives. I was pulled out of my thoughts when Kane started talking again.

"But why forgive me? After everything I did. I don't deserve your kindness Marina."

"Then why come here Kane if you don't seek my forgiveness? Did you plan on me killing you?" I looked back at him curiously. That's when I got a really go look at him, he looked absolutely terrible. His eyes were dull with dark circles under them, he had almost a grey tint to his skin, his shoulders were hunched over and he looked completely defeated.

"I was actually hoping for it," He let out a little chuckle mostly at himself then to me.

"Why would you want that?" I asked even more shocked, this was coming from the egotistical douche of all people. He started pacing back and forth pulling at his hair like he was trying to get something out of his mind.

"His death haunts me day in and day out Marina. I can't believe I killed someone...my own kind no less. I might be an ass and a complete player before but I was never a killer, and if you must know i wasn't the one that killed your protector it was one of your father's men. But now the image of Zayn's eyes as they lost their light is on constant replay in my head. Like a broken record just over and over again! It won't stop not even once!" He fell to his knees crying. He didn't know Zayn was alive. I took in a long breath about to tell him Zayn's okay but speaking of the devil here he comes now, running over here. As Zayn came down the hill random vines and roots came shooting out the ground and attacking Kane, he was yelling profanities. I got up with my sword and started slashing at the possessed plants.