Chapter 7 - Talking Owls and Creepy Ladies

Cece's POV

I was walking down the hall of my horrid school, when I heard her. The voice I dread. Nah. Not really. I just don't like her. "Her", meaning Chanel Winter. My personal bully. Oh, Joy.

"Ugly! Where are you?" She called. I had a sudden burst of confidence.

"I'm right here!" I yelled back. When she found me, she growled.

"How dare you talk back to me?" She asked, furious.

"You say it as if you were a big deal." I replied. Nearby students went, "Oooooh!".

"What? Who are you to speak to me like that?" Chanel demanded.

"I am Claire White, and I can speak however I want to." I said. Chanel took a step back, flabbergasted.

"So please. Stop bullying innocent people. Would you like it if they did the same to you? I think not. Do you find any pride in that? Is that it? Besides, it's my birthday, for goodness's sake. Let me be!" I demanded. She just stood there, mouth open.

"And close your mouth, you'll catch flies. On second thought, leave it open." I said, and stormed off.

That monster is just so rude! We are humans too, you know? I just wish I had some one to talk to about this. Two years ago, I had a best friend. She kept disappearing every summer, but at school, she stood up for me, and was my best mate. Her name was April June. I nicknamed her June. We did everything together. We laughed, we joked. Then suddenly, she disappeared. Like someone had taken her hostage or something. I have to find June.

When I stepped into my dormitory, I sat on my bed, and thought about how much I want to meet my brother, and find June.

Clunk. Clunk. Clunk.

Muffled noises interrupted me from my thinking. I looked around for the source of the sound, when I saw something outside the window. It was a beautiful snowy owl, very much different than the boring elf owls we find here in Arizona. Its long claws were tapping against the window pane. Was it trying to get in?

I hurriedly opened the windows, not wanting the amazing creature to get hurt. It swooped in, and dropped something in my lap. Then I heard a voice.

"This is an outrage! Dumbledore knows I'm Harry's owl. Why does he do this to me? I'm not a school owl. On second thought, if Dumbledore sends me, he might think I'm worthy for the job. Now I'm happy!"

I looked around for signs of people nearby, but the only living things in this room are the owl and I- but owls can't talk, or can they?

"Can you talk?" I asked the owl. She looked at me with wide eyes.

"Can you hear me?" She questioned.

"Yes, I can! I'm Cece. What's your name?" I asked.

"I'm Hedwig. You look like my owner, Harry Potter, and his parents." She said. Harry Potter? Can he be my missing twin brother? Wait. How on earth did my family get an owl? Now. You might think I'm going into conclusions too fast. I just remember, two years ago...

Flashback:

A man came into my orphanage. He had a very long white beard and robes. All in all he looked a bit crazy. He had told me that my brother's last name was Potter. He then left. Disappeared into thin air. Weird, eh?

End of Flashback

"How old is this Harry Potter?" I asked Hedwig, coming out of my daydream.

"Today is his birthday. He's thirteen." My heart beat faster. It is my birthday, too!