Chapter 4 - New Friends and New Siblings

Rose's POV

This is one of the best moments of my life.

Ever since I had heard about Greek mythology, I wanted to be a child of Athena. Why? I don't know. I guess I had the traits Athena had. I had always dreamed of this day. Well, not exactly like this, but the same concept. When Chiron told me who I was, I just stood there shocked. Then I grinned so widely I thought my mouth would fall off.

"Uh, Rose? You all right?" June asked me

"I'm more than all right! I'm a daughter of Athena!" I exclaimed. Someone in the crowd gasped. It was Leo Valdez. Sigh. He's adorable. Even if he's like, 5 years older than I am.

"It was you?" He asked

"Yes, it was me. Now, don't ask how you couldn't see me. It's a trick. A magic trick." I said mysteriously. I then erupted into a fit of giggles. Leo looked a bit creeped out, and glanced at June for reassurance. She nodded, and Leo came forward.

"Chiron, do I give her the tour of Camp?" He asked the centaur

"Yes, Leo. By the way, Rose, Welcome to Camp Half Blood!" Chiron said happily.

And on Leo and I went.

We were passing next to the forest, when Leo stopped so suddenly, I ran into him.

"I am so sorry! I should've payed more attention to where I was going!" I exclaimed.

"Nah, it's fine. I just wanted to show you my now-not-so-secret hangout." He said

"Ummm, ok?" I said, confused. He chuckled.

"I've never shown anybody this place. Seriously. I really want to show someone the place, and you look trustworthy enough." He said, blushing at the end. Wow. That's touching. No kidding. I am genuinely touched.

"Awww, thank you, Leo!" I said. He smiled.

"Then, what are we waiting for? Let's go!" He said. He grabbed my hand, and started running. Gods, he runs fast. Thank goodness I'm a fast runner. After like, five minutes or so, we came to a large rock. That had a door on it. We stopped, and he opened the door. We came inside, and I saw the coolest hangout you have ever seen. It was literally a stone mansion. Amazing.

"Uh, Rose?" Leo said behind me. When I spun around, I saw one of the weirdest scenes I have seen in my life. And that's saying something.

"Leo? Your hair's on fire." I said. He looked up, and put out the fire with his hands. What?!

"Whoa, how did you not burn?" I asked incredulously.

"I have a power that not many demigods have. I am fire proof, and can conjure fire with my bare hands." He said. Amazing. I smirked.

"And I can do this." I turned into a white wolf. He screamed like a little girl. Priceless! I laughed. Well, wolf laugh = howl. This time he hid behind a couch and whimpered. Scaredy cat.

I went to follow him, and tilted my head in confusion. Then, to scare him more, I turned into a cute dog.

Plus, I could talk. Cool, huh?

"Wow, Leo. Scaredy cat." I said. He screamed even more high-pitched. I was dying with laughter by now. He seemed to calm down hearing my voice, though. He then smiled, and patted my head. It feels weird, being treated like a dog. So I turned back into human.

"How can you do that?" He asked.

"Magic" I said. It isn't a lie. Leo, however, didn't seem convinced.