Chapter 2 - Ramdomness and Weird Dreams

June's POV

"Hi April, I'm Rose Lupin."

"Hi, Rose! Nice to meet you!" I said, shaking her hand.

"Come inside!" She exclaimed. Dumbledore and I were led inside the house, and walked until we came to a living room. Inside was a man that looked like Rose. I think this is Remus Lupin.

"Hello, Dumbledore, hello... Is this April?" He asked, not at all surprised by our appearance.

"Certainly. April, this is your godfather, Remus." He said, turning to me. I nodded.

"Hello, nice to meet you! What should I call you?" I asked politely

"Uncle Lupin could be fine. How are you?" He asked kindly

"I'm ok, thanks, just a bit frazzled by the journey here." I said. Then I noticed some urgency in his eyes. Using my mind reading (Athena) powers, I saw he wanted to speak to Dumbledore. I think Rose could see it too, because she said,

"Um, Dad, I can tell you want to speak to Dumbledore. We'll leave and I will give April here the tour of my magnificent room." She said, a bit dramatically at the end. She led me up the stairs, and into the first door I could see at the top. We went inside, and the first things I saw were posters. Some were about something called Quidditch. I'll make a mental note to ask her about it. Others were about bands I know of and don't know of. There was a wooden bed with a flower patterned bed set, and there was also a camp bed with the same flower bed set.

"Just so you know, now that you've seen my room, you can call me Sapphi, which is short for Sapphire. I just like the color. Or, you can call me Rose, Rosie, Mary, or Paige. My full name is Rosemary Paige Lupin." She said, really fast.

"What does that have to do with me seeing your room?" I asked, confused.

"I really don't know, but I'm sometimes called the Queen of Randomness." She said, in a normal speed. I laughed.

"Ok, you can call me June, Rilly, Jan, or Riley. I think I'm just gonna call you Rose. Oh, and my full name is April June January McLean. The last name is from my adoptive family. " I said. She nodded, looking a little confused at my long name.

"And I'm going to call you June. Does everyone call you that?" She asked

"Well, yes, but I give people the options incase they're uncomfortable with the name, or something of that sort." I replied.

"Oh, ok. Since we don't have much to do, I'm going to tell you about the wizarding world." I nodded excitedly. She looked trustworthy, so,

"And I'm gonna tell you about the Greek world." I said. She looked confused, but proceeded to tell me about her adventures with soon-to-be third years Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger. Rose was going to be a third year, too. The four were called the Golden Quadruplet. Then she told me about Quidditch, wizarding money, wands, and- you get what I mean. Wizarding stuff. The whole explanation thing lasted for about three hours. When she was finished explaining about how Harry Potter went into the Chamber of Secrets and fought a basilisk just to save her from dying (which I thought was pretty heroic), we decided to go see if her dad had finished talking to Dumbledore. We went down the stairs, and saw Uncle sitting at the table, drinking tea.

"Hello, girls! Rose, have you explained the wizarding ways?" He asked. She nodded.

"Now, I believe she has to tell us about the- what was it called? Greek world? Yes, that was it." She said

I took that as a cue to tell them about my life, and the Greek gods, and et cetera.

When I was finally done, Uncle said it was time to sleep. During my explanation, I noticed Uncle looked a bit nervous. I wonder why. First, I took a short bath, and put my sleepwear on.

"June?" Rose asked me when we were both in our beds

"Yes, Rose?" I replied

"Can you show me how to Iris message?" She asked childishly. I laughed

"Sure! I just don't know if Iris, the goddess of the rainbow, will accept it because you're not a demigod." I said uncertainly.

"Well, it's worth a try." She said. I sighed. I heard Rose yawn.

"Well, I can see you're tired, does sleep sound good?" I asked

"Oh yes, very good." She giggled. I closed my eyes.

I was in a graveyard. It was littered with gravestones all over. But this particular grave beckoned me to come over. Curiosity got the better of me. I practically ran there, and paused in front of it. I read the gravestone.

Tom Riddle, it said. I suddenly heard a clunk of metal behind me. I spun around, frightened.

Two boys. And a trophy. One of the boys had brown hair, and brown eyes. The other one had black hair, green eyes, and glasses. Both of them looked desperate for something. I now noticed they could not see me. I was a ghost.

"Kill the spare" I heard a cold, raspy voice coming from absolutely nowhere.

"Avada Kedavra!" I heard a different voice now. Green light appeared, and hit the brown haired guy in the chest. He fell to the floor, motionless. I rushed to his aid. He was dead.

"Cedric!" The other boy yelled. He was at least a feet apart from me. I could see his face better, and I saw the unmistakeable lightning bolt scar in his forehead. Harry Potter. The chosen one.

The owner of the voice that said "Avada" something stepped forward. He had long blond hair, and cold grey eyes.

"Malfoy." Harry Potter spat at the man.

"Potter." Malfoy said, mocking him. He then proceeded to take out a cauldron, and put a baby in it. Weird. He then put many things in the cauldron, cut Harry's arm a bit, cut his own hand off, and chanted. When he was done, a man stepped out of the pot. He was extremely pale, had slits for a nose, and red eyes. The scariest man I have ever seen.

"April June January, get up this very instant!" Someone said. Ugh, let me sleep, lady.

I groggily opened my eyes. I saw a worried Rose and Uncle looming over me. Then I noticed I was sweating. Really, June? Lose your cool like that?

"Thank goodness your awake! You had me so worried! You screamed, shouted, and yelled!" Rose said

"Umm, that kind of means the same thing." I said. Uncle laughed.

"I know!" She said dumbly. I sighed.

"Well, part of being a demigod is having really bad drea-" I was cut off by a super loud growl. Then the sound of a sword. Uh-oh. I rushed outside, Rose and Uncle behind me, to be met by none other than a Minotaur. And where did the sword sound come from, you may ask? My friend Grover, a satyr. I hadn't seen the guy ever since he left to look for a demigod. What was he doing here? Although he doesn't specialize in swordsmanship, he is pretty good with a sword, I may add. I immediately took out my kick-butt dagger, Heart, and rushed to help him. We defeated the man-bull in seconds. When he exploded in yellow dust, Grover looked at me in awe. He ran over and hugged me. My god family looked soooo awkward.

"June! When did you come here?" He asked.

"Well, I came here yesterday for a boarding school! And I'm staying with my god family, Remus and Rose Lupin, until term starts. And you?" I asked

"As you should know, I left to look for a demigod. My senses told me the demigod was here." He said. I was a bit surprised.

"But, it could have been me." I said. He shook his head.

"Nope. I sensed the demigod before yesterday. The demigod is behind you. Rose Lupin."