Chapter 22 ~ Last Chance

Before I knew it a few days went by in a flash and it became the day I had to try and sneak into Legend High for a second time. At least this time I remembered all the secret passage ways. But per request of my mother, and I’m not disagreeing with her on this, is for me to have a small group of experienced Legends help get to the passage way safely.

Though today was the day and I had to say I was dreading it but also I couldn’t wait for this day to come. I mean I’m going into a dangerous situation, but I also get the chance to save my friends. That is if they want to be saved, I just prayed with all my heart that they did because my heart ached thinking of the alternative.

So the specially made armor, wand, and sword came to our front door step bright and early in the morning. The plan was I get ready there and then the small task force would come and pick me up then we would head out towards the school.

It didn’t take me long to get everything on and was ready to go. So I was sitting in my room waiting for the doorbell to ring when I heard a knock on my door. I looked at it confused but got and opened it anyway only to see Leo standing there.

“Leo what are you doing here?”

“My house, remember?”

I just rolled my eyes, of course he was there because it was his house but we had agreed that the day of to get out of the house and go someplace safe until I was done with my mission.

“I know it’s your house Leo, but we agreed…”

“I know what we agreed.” He said interrupting me, “But me and Stacy just had to make sure you were okay before you go.”

I looked around but saw no sign of Stacy, “So then where’s Stacy?” I asked quirking my eyebrow at him.

“Downstairs, we’re taking turns.” He smiled sheepishly.

I nodded in understanding, “Ahh I see, so then what did you want to tell me then?”

He smiled warmly, grabbing onto my forearms gently then pulling me to him until we were toe to toe and I was looking straight into his eyes while he looked me over from head to toe, “You look different…” he whispered eyeing up my armor and my weapons.

I chuckled under my breath, “Yeah well this is the real me.” I said uneasily.

“Well it’s just not the you I’m used to.” He chuckled dryly.

“Yeah I know…” I sighed, “Is there anything else you want to say?”  

He breathed in between his nose and then out again before saying, “Just to be careful, and that you don’t have to do this you can let those other more experienced people do this.”

I shook my head, “I can’t Leo. I have to do this and I can’t expect you to understand but it’s just something that I need to do for myself and for my friends.”

“I know you do it’s just we don’t want to see you getting hurt and I’m sure if your other friends were here they would have the same concerns.”

I sighed, “Yeah but they’re not and that’s the problem Leo.” I said pulling away from his hold and ended up hugging myself instead, “They were always there when I needed them and now it’s my turn to help in their time of need.”

“I get it, I do Scar. It’s just what if they don’t want to be helped?”

I shook my head in disbelief, “What are you saying Leo?”

“I’m just saying prepare yourself for the possibility of you going in there and then they will just turn down your help flat out or worse lash out at you and then hurt you.”