Chapter 16

A few months later

The last few months have been long, I'm not going to lie. My arm and ribs healed up nicely along with my back but no matter how much time I give myself I will never really be okay. The physical and emotional scars Charlie left me will never go away; they are apart of me. The nightmares aren't as bad anymore but the paranoia still lingers. I've been reassured countless times that Charlie will never hurt me again and I will never have to see him again. I didn't finish school which was disappointing but I couldn't go back. Charlie told everyone that I moved in with my mother's family on the east coast.

I look in the mirror at my jagged scars stretching across my back. Frowning I put my sweat shirt back on and left the bathroom. The family was downstairs in the living room watching the news. It turns out Charlie had gone missing and someone finally reported the screams they had heard over the years.

Our neighbors were talking to some reporters talking about Charlie and I.

We heard screams once and awhile coming from the house but it was so frequent we didn't really think anything of it. But Nichole just vanished one night months ago, I have insomnia and sit on my porch seeing Nichole sneak out some nights. Like normal teenagers do, but she started leaving more frequently, staying up later. Then one night she never came back out of the house, then the next day Charlie just left like it was no big deal. Nichole's window never lit up again after that night. Charlie said she left but she didn't say goodbye. We were good friends with the family and Nichole was the biggest sweetheart. She didn't say goodbye to anyone which was weird. And now Charlie is gone too, I can't help but fear something terrible happened to that family. Ever since Rene died nothing has been the same. Charlie wouldn't have just left either, no one at the station has heard from him at all.

"Well she finally said something about it." I muttered. The others must have not noticed me walk in because they all turned to look at me.

"We had nothing to do with this, we swear." Carlisle said.

"Yeah, I would of done it myself but it looks like someone beat me to it." Emmett shrugged pulling me into his arms.

"I really don't care what happened to him." I sighed.

"The pack must of decided." Edward mused across the room.

"What's the pack?" I asked.

"I'll tell you later." Emmett whispered in my ear.

"Nichole we are going shopping tomorrow. I'll disguise you so no one recognizes you." Alice smiled.

"Where are we going?" I asked

"Down to Seattle. Port Angeles has nothing good." Alice pouted.

"Why tomorrow?" Normally Alice would just get up and go. I had a right to be suspicious of her and her timings.

"We need to go hunting, we haven't been in a few weeks. Do you mind staying here alone for a few hours?" Esme asked lightly.

"Sure I don't really care. I'll probably just read or watch tv." I shrugged. Emmett kissed my forehead setting me on the couch, slipping on shoes and a jacket.

Little by little the Cullens left leaving me all alone. True to my word I watched a movie downstairs. I couldn't help the sneaking suspicion someone was watching me but I banished the thought. I walked upstairs grabbing a book to sit down and read.

I kept hearing weird noises, which I tuned out eventually. I had already read this book a few times, so it really didn't capture me like it use to. I'll have to go to the bookstore.

I walked downstairs to watch another movie, wanting popcorn or something to eat. Popcorn orrrr PIZZA. I chuckled at myself taking the box out of the fridge. Emmett had ran and got it while I was in the shower a few days ago. While that was heating up I made myself some tea, looking up I saw the reflection on the stainless steel refrigerator door.

The black cloaks outside the window.