Chapter 8

Emmett grabbed my hand lightly pulling me to the couch. Just like at the park he pulled me down with him so we were laying next to each other. I threw I blankets over us while he rearranged the pillows. Emmett pulled me back into his chest so we were spooning, with me the little one. I snuggled back into his chest when he wrapped his arms around me. We scrolled through the movie options on Netflix deciding to watch Princess and the Frog.

"You're like the princess and I'm the frog," Emmett whispered.

"Why because you're a little green animal?"

"No because in the end you'll always kiss me anyways."

"Hmmm. Okay frog."

Our playful banter went back and forth during every movie we watched. Whether it was a Disney movie or a regular movie. We watched more Harry Potter and The Host. We were expecting apocalyptic aliens and some wild adventure but to Emmett's dismay it was a love story.

"You've met my parents, when can I meet yours?" Emmett asked while we watched the snowfall from his window-wall.

"I'll take you tomorrow to meet my mom then if you really want to you can meet my dad." I looked calm on the outside but on the inside I was actually freaking out. I met Carlisle the night before, he was a nice man like I expected. I wasn't totally freaked out by him like I should of been; he had a aura of kindness around him.

Emmett turned on a super hero movie saying, "It's the best one." I watched maybe the first twenty minutes of it before falling asleep.

"Are you going to tell her?"

"Of course I will, I just don't know how."

"Are you willing to handle it if she can't? "

"I want what's best for her. Even if she doesn't want me I'll protect her."

"You really love her don't you?"

"I love her more than anything in the world."

~

"Are you sure you want to meet my parents?" I looked at Emmett uncertain as we walked through the graveyard.

"Of course I do!" He smiled down at me.

"You still have time to back out."

"They could be asylum insane and I would still want to meet them."

"I'll keep that in mind." I muttered

We walked deeper into the graveyard, past headstone after headstone. Like Emmett said, it had snowed the night before and was still snowing. The further we went, the more painful memories came back. My mother was my best friend, my partner in crime and I never thought she would die so soon. We stopped in front of a small headstone that I hadn't seen in seven years.

Rene Swan
The best wife a man could ask for.
Heaven gained an angel to treasure.
1972-2007

"My mother died seven and a half years ago when I was ten. She died on her way to work while I was at school, no one told me until I went home." I said lowly to Emmett. "Everyone was so nice to me after that, and I started hating everyone around me from the pity I got. My dad took it a lot worse than I did. He went off the deep end and never really came back. He still misses her, I can tell."

"You miss her too." Emmett whispered.

"Not a day goes by I don't miss her. I often think about her and the things we did, the plans we made for when I was older. She was my hero and I looked up to her so much."

"I think she would be proud of you, who you've become. You said you could of graduated last year? You skipped a grade and almost skipped two. You're a beautiful young woman and have the qualities everyone wish they had. You caring, sweet, friendly, honest." Emmett placed his hand on the shoulder. I wrapped my arms around him, sobbing into his chest.

We stayed there for a long time. I cried seven years worth of tears while Emmett whispered sweet nothings into my ear while rubbing circles into my back. He held me in his arms patiently until my breath evened out and tears stopped falling. We walked back to his car silently holding hands.

The drive to my house filled me with anxiety. I loved Emmett but I didn't want him to meet Charlie.

*NO POV* (Bad time? Bad time.)

Emmett and Nichole pulled up to the Swan residence,  parking on the street across from the house. Charlie sat in the living room watching the end of the football game screaming encouragement to the winning team. Nichole unlocked the door slowly trying to make as little noise as possible because there was a very real chance Charlie would be hungover.

Emmett followed behind Nichole as they stepped through the door. Charlie looked over about to scream some profanities but cut himself off seeing a muscular boy follow behind Nichole. He reluctantly turned off the tv plastering a smile onto his face.

"Nichole! You're home! Did you have a good weekend at Alice's?" The pixie like girl had come into his office the prior Wednesday asking if Nichole could spend the weekend at her house.

"Hey Ch-Dad. I had a great time." Nichole answered uneasily. "Uh... Dad... this is Emmett. Emmett this is my Dad, Charlie."

"It's a pleasure to meet you Sir." Emmett smiled.

Charlie and Emmett talked, mostly about sports but Nichole could tell Charlie was pissed on the inside. The phone was ringing during the conversation which Nichole left the room to answer.

As soon as she was out of the room Emmett's smile disappeared and a hate filled glare took over his features.

"Listen old man. Nichole may think I'm not smart enough to see what's going on her but I do. You may have the town fooled but I see past her lies and smiles. Lay another hand on her and I'll make you wish you were never born." Emmett hissed

"How dare- I could have you arrested for threatening me." Charlie fumed.

"Where's your proof?" Emmett shrugged playfully, his easy going smile crept back up his face replacing the glare.

Nichole walked back into the room at that moment sitting on the couch next to Emmett. He smiled down at her as Charlie looked like he was going to explode.

"Would you like to stay for dinner Emmett?" Charlie asked trying to control his anger.

"As much as I want to, Esme needs me back home. We are having family friends over soon so we need to make room for them." The Denali's were coming in a week which meant Emmett had to avoid the Cullen house as much as possible. Every time the Denali's come Tanya always tried to get into Emmett's pants.

Nichole walked Emmett to the door, dreading the minutes coming after he left. Emmett kissed her cheek whispering "I'll see you tomorrow." Emmett then walked to his car and drove away leaving Nichole in the hands of Charlie. He didn't want to leave but also couldn't stay with out ripping Charlie's head off.

As soon as Nichole turned around a knee collided with her stomach.

"He doesn't want you. He just wants you for your body. The boy must be pretty desperate because he's dating you." Charlie sneered. He kicked Nichole one last time, ignoring the threat, and walked back to the living room to watch the next game.