Chapter 11

\\\\Allegiant spoilers in this chapter. You've been warned.

I woke up in a familiar room with the TV playing lowly in the background. I'm laying on my stomach with blankets draped over me keeping me warm.

"Oh your awake. How are you feeling?" Emmett asked kneeling down next to me.

"My back hurts still but I can deal with it." I mumbled

"You passed out while Carlisle was cleaning out the cuts. He put butterfly stitches on them and wrapped it up. He also put a slave on it to make it heal faster."

"Can I eat something? I haven't eaten since I left."

"He doesn't let you eat?" I shook my head and Emmett sighed. He helped me up and offered to carry me downstairs but I declined. I sat in the kitchen while he rummaged through the cupboards for something. He pulled out a box of Lucky Charms and grinned. He poured me large bowl putting extra sugar in it.

I rolled my eyes accepting the cereal. To be honest I didn't really taste the cereal, I more inhaled it. He refilled by bowl once I was done, but I finished that too. This went on until the box was gone and I was full of cereal.

"You know I've never known someone who could eat an entire box of cereal. And I must say: I am impressed." Emmett laughed.

"Well when food is offered to you, you eat it until you are about to puke. I never know when I'll eat again. Charlie doesn't let me, you noticed how I seemed to eat enormous amounts of food at school? That's the only time I was able to eat."

"You can't go back." Emmett pleaded

"I have to." I whispered "I turn eighteen next week. I can leave then."

"But I can't let him hurt you again." Emmett yelled.

Carlisle and Jasper appeared next to me in an instant, standing slightly in front of me. "Emmett calm down. We won't let him." Jasper said lowly, a feeling of calm washed through my body. Emmett relaxed and sighed nodding. "I'll hang around with Nichole and keep Charlie tired and disinterested." Jasper promised.

"But what if he hurts her before we can get her out? Why can't we go to the police?" Emmett demanded.

"Because he is the police. He has them in the palm of his hand. He's one of the most manipulative people and he won't get charged with anything. Everyone owes him something, a favor. Literally almost everyone in the police department, he basically runs the town." I spat bitterly.

"She's right. And I don't think that it would be beneficial to let this get out. Most abused children get looked at like they are kicked puppies." Carlisle sighed.

"So we just wait until something worse happens? We just hope he doesn't do anything to her?" Emmett said harshly again. No one said anything after that, the silence deafening. Emmett took the silence as a 'yes' and stormed out of the room.

"How long have I been here?" I whispered.

"It's about five in the morning." Carlisle said checking his watch.

"I need to get back before he notices I'm gone." I sighed.

"I'll take you. I'll keep him bored with you in the evening. You'll be fine at school." Jasper said grabbing his jacket and running off to find Alice.

"Thank you Carlisle." I said taking the man into a hug. He patted my shoulders softly. Emmett didn't come say goodbye to me when Jasper and I left. I hope he isn't mad at me because I can't stay. More content feelings washed over me and I looked at Jasper accusingly. He gave me a sheepish smile before motioning me to jump on his back.