Chapter 1

"Get up and go to school you piece of shit." Charlie yelled from my doorway. I don't even bother to call him dad anymore, he lost that privilege seven years ago. "Don't forget to put make up on your ugly ass." And to officially start my morning, he slams my door.

Sighing, I haul my body out of bed to get ready. Mornings are routine for me: get up after my door is slammed, get dressed, do my hair, cover my bruises with make up, go to school. This is what I've been doing for the past seven years, every single weekday. It doesn't matter what I do anymore, the smallest thing like hiccuping, I will get beaten for it. Pulling up my skinny jeans was a challenge for me considering I couldn't bend over very well.

After applying foundation and concealer to the bruises on my arms, neck, and face I put my leather jacket on. I grab my shattered IPhone One and slip it into my bag. I basically blackmail Charlie into getting me basic things. Like the first generation iPhone because everyone my age has a phone, giving me twenty dollars a month to buy foundation and concealer so no one will see the bruises. Even though I don't have a lot of friends blowing up my phone, I have a few I sneak out and see.

Ever since my mother died Charlie had been abusing me. He blames me for her death, he says that it's my fault she got in a car accident on the way to work while I was at school.

Everyday I walk to school, rain or rain, since I don't have a car. That's one thing I know no matter how much blackmail Charlie will never buy me. So days like today when I'm late, I just rip out a piece of paper and forge a note saying I was excused. I've mastered Charlies signature for this sole purpose because if I miss a class in school, he'd know, and I would end up in a lot of pain.

Today thankfully there was no rain to frizz my dark brown curls. There was a some god working in my favor today for some reason. Normally when it rains my hair gets braided or put in a bun, but today I get to leave it down which thankfully draws attention away from my neck.

I walk into the warm attendance building after I'm already a half hour late for period one. There was a group of students standing to the side which I didn't recognize, staring at me as I walked up to the middle-aged lady handing her my fake note. The printer was spitting out paper so I assumed they were waiting for their classes.

"Ahhh Miss Swan, late again I see." She smiled warmly at me. I smiled and shrugged because this was a weekly thing. One day a week it would take longer than usual for me to cover all my bruises, resulting me to be late. "Here is your pass. Would you mind showing the new students to their classes for me?" My heart instantly stopped as I begun panicking. I nodded my head slowly as she handed them their papers.

The group followed me into the main building of the school without a word. "Can I see your schedules please?" I ask quietly. They each hand me their papers waiting for it back as I quickly scan each.

After returning their classes to them I begin walking down main hall to the closest class. "Welcome to Forks, the closest place to hell you will ever find. The city population is 5-600 people so any secrets you have will be close to impossible to keep. The high school is small, but big enough for two lunches. Upper classmen, which I assume all of you are, will have first lunch. Um... stay away from basically all the meats in the cafeteria, the salads are disgusting, the sandwiches aren't that bad. The vending machines which are highly popular are refilled Tuesdays after school so Wednesdays I would suggest stalking up. The only thing worth buying in the cafeteria is the tatar tots in my opinion." Shut up they're gunna think you're weird.

Turning down A hall I ask, "Which one of you is Rosalie?"

"I am." The tall, pretty blonde one said confidently.

"You have Mrs. Barns first. I would highly suggest pulling up you shirt, there's nothing wrong with it, it's great but Barns is very old, and very Christian." I said stopping in front of the art classroom.