Chapter 4

I woke up engulfed in something warm but cold at the same time. My senses started to wake up making my realize there are arms around me? They grew tighter around me slightly and I swore I was pressed against a life size teddy bear. I instantly fell in love with the feeling of security around me but also the feeling of something else cuddling with me.

I open my eyes to find my face inside the crook of a pale neck. Scowling in confusion, I pull my head away seeing myself tangled together with Emmett. If he finds me here with him. He'll be pissed. I lean my body up looking around seeing Alice and Rose sleeping on the other couches. I take a pillow from the floor throwing it as hard as I can at Alice. She jolts awake looking around before spotting Emmett and me. A Cheshire cat grin spreads across her face as she wakes up Rosalie. She points to us and the same look comes across Rosalie's face.

"Help me you assholes." I whisper yell. They giggle and run out of the room. I sigh knowing I'm fucked. I slowly and carefully untangle mine and Emmett's legs. Soon enough I slip out of his embrace placing a pillow where I was laying. I walk into the kitchen to see the girls smirking at me.

"Thanks for helping." I grumbled sitting down next to Rosalie.

"Don't deny it. You enjoyed that." Rose smirked at me. I felt my face heat up causing them both to laugh. We ate breakfast in silence, occasionally talking. I felt at home here, happy for once. But all that came raining down when I remembered this isn't my home.

"What time is it?" I asked panicking.

"Um.. Eleven why?" Alice asked smiling.

"I need to get home. Charlie is probably freaking out." Shit. Shit shit shit SHIT. I never went home. I will surely die when I get back. The smiles slowly fell from Rose and Alice's faces and I swore I heard a growl form the next room over.

"I can drive you?" Alice offered.

She can't. Charlie will hurt her too. "That's okay. I have to grab something from Ashley's and there's a short cut through the forest." I easily lied. Alice frowned but nodded. After breakfast I changed back into my clothes folding the borrowed sweats. I waved goodbye to the girls and started walking down the road. Once I got to the trail I sped walked through it knowing it will lead me a to my house. I discovered it years ago one night when i tried running away from Charlie.

About an hour passed before my house came into view in the distance. None of the lights in the back windows were lit up, so I hope Charlie isn't home or is asleep. I scaled the wall slowly, thanking the stupid twelve year old me that I made small hand and foot ledges and holes on wall below my window. I peeked in my room, lifting up the window I slowly set my bag down below it and then hauled myself through it. I changed into sweat pants again not wanting to be in the same outfit I was before. All I wanted was a shower but i had to wait until Charlie went to the store or left. I could hear him moving around downstairs but I don't think he knows I'm here yet.

I do my homework silently, having nothing better to do other than trig and government. I reread Romeo and Juliet, even getting so desperate I read my history text book yet again. I already knew what it said, I knew what all my books said. I sighed sprawling out on my bed trying to fall asleep again but it just wouldn't happen. For some reason it didn't feel right sleeping, it felt like I was missing something. Like my body wasn't completely whole. I was tired but my eyes couldn't close. I jolted out of bed remembering the cupcakes I had in my closet still.

I took two huge steps to my closet hoping they weren't too loud. Pulling the boxes out, I felt my stomach growl in anticipation. I had a dozen left, silently thanking myself for not eating them all two nights ago. I quickly devoured the cakes feeling no shame in doing so. I flopped into bed happily before hearing the front door close. I shot out of bed and peeked out the window carefully watching Charlie's cruiser drive down the road.