Chapter 41

Sorry about the delay but my old iPod made it impossible to upload so now that I have a new one I can update!!!

So sorry again!

So without further delay! Enjoy!

------

Death.

To say I haven't been here at his doorstop before would have been a lie. Frankly he's probably been chasing me for the better part of this apocalypse and he had yet to catch me. Unfortunately for me, I think death had finally caught up and was seeking vengeance for the months of me dodging him. Cause for once I knew that the pain radiating through my body wasn't going to stop.

Even as I laid still in Daryl's arms my internal death mantra continued on repeat, seeming to only make me focus on the arrows. Which in returned caused the pain to be pushed to the very front of my thoughts, intensifying everything I felt.

My eyes had glazed over with an agony like no other as I stared up at him. His jaw was clenched tight as he stared over me and to the mass of people in front of us. I could vaguely hear Shane arguing back with the governor... Or it could have been one of his minions but I couldn't tell, and frankly I could careless.

The skin around the tip of the arrows was now throbbing to the point where I could physically feel my heart beat through the skin.

"Ye can't have her." Daryl shouted as he shifted my weight in his arms. At that point I knew I was draining him. We haven't had a solid meal and carrying dead weight like this wasn't exactly the easiest thing to do.

"Let me down." I crooked, my voice full of the pain coursing through my body.

Shane, Merle and Daryl all glanced at me clearly taken aback by my request. Either that or they were surprised that I was actually physically in pain and not hiding it.

"No, I ain't doin' it." Shifting my weight again, Daryl spoke softly.

"Do it!" I yelled angrily. My eyes glaring up at him. "You can't hold me forever, and I don't w-want to get you killed." When I saw his eyes darken at my aggressive request I toned it down. "Please..."

Reluctantly placing me on my feet he gave me a weary look. But I ignored it, I had to because I could feel the arrows moving around inside me, causing my eyes to close tightly for a moment.

"Hadley, come here girl." The governor yelled, this time grabbing my attention.

Slowly opening my eyes I looked up at the man. He stood with a cocky grin plaster across his scar riddled face, one that made me want to knock it right off his stupid face if I could physically muster up enough energy to do so.

"You gonna kill me." I asked, my eyes downcast again as I slowly started to walk towards him.

I heard feet scuffling behind me and Merle shouting as he most likely grabbed hold of Daryl. But I kept going, my ungodly slow pace keeping me from reaching certain death faster. I was already dying though. I could feel my heart beat reducing in speed and my shirt which was once dry was now completely saturated in dark crimson blood that was running down from my wound.

"I don't know Hadley, you know I don't like getting my hands dirty." Even though I couldn't see him I could hear the coy undertone to his voice that meant he had a smug smile on his face still.

"Ye a pussy!" Daryl spat in hatred from behind me.

"I don't care what you think, she's mine boy." The governor stated in a calm manner as to not antagonize the already enraged Daryl. At this point he was very aware of what Daryl could do if he was pushed to the brink, and I'm fairly confident the governor wasn't looking for that kind of trouble.