Chapter 13

I couldn't remember much after I was dragged out of the basement. My mind was racing with thoughts, and I really didn't pay attention to where he was taking me.

"Tie her up, and get her ready." The governor yelled, his voice bringing me back into the current situation.

Looking around frantically, I felt as someone gripped onto my wrists. They quickly wrapped them up with a rope, making sure it was tight enough I couldn't get loose.

Struggling, I violently tugged on the rope desperately trying to get free. But it was useless. There was no way that I was going to get out of this situation.

"Be good. Martinez will be in to get you ready soon." Smacking my ass, the guy chuckled as he left me alone in the tiny room.

Sinking to the ground, a small cry left my mouth. Isn't it ironic that I'm going to die by the hands of a man who almost killed me twice so far. That out of the whole zombie filled world, that we had to run into him.

But I wasn't going down with out a fight. I don't give up that easily, and I couldn't give up now even if I tried. Daryl was in my life, these people trapped in those cells were the closest thing to family that I had. There's no way I'm letting the governor win.

Looking around, I noticed that I was in a cramped six by six cell. There was no windows on the walls, but there was light coming in from the small glass window that was on the door.

Pushing myself to my feet, I slowly walked around the walls. Letting my hands that were tied behind my back run across the cinder block walls. With each step, the rough concrete cutting into my finger tips as I felt my way around the room.

"Yep, she'll be ready boss. Yep no problem." Lifting my head up, I heard Martinez on a radio. Most likely talking with the governor about me. Standing still, I waited for him to come in the cell. "Hadley, time to get ready." He called. Hearing the key turn in the lock I watched the door slowly open.

He came in holding a new change of clothes and something that looked like a chest plate.

"Why do you listen to that man?" I asked, as he stepped closer to me.

"He keeps us alive, why shouldn't I?" He reasoned. Dropping the clothes he reached around me and untied the rope.

"I guess that's a valid reason." I stated, feeling my hands get free.

"I just don't understand why a man like him has such a big problem with a girl like you." He questioned, his eyes finding mine when he came back in front of me.

"I did some things I'm not proud of, in my life. Things I probably could have stopped if I tried hard enough. But I didn't, and let things get out of hand. He knows what I did and he blames me." Sighing, I ran a hand over my face. Trying to forget that part of my life.

"Still doesn't make any sense to why he wants you dead." He shrugged, bending over picking up the clothes off the floor.

"You'd want me dead too. You just don't know the story." Pulling my hand away from my face, my eyes burned into his. He was searching my face for what I was talking about, but he didn't know and he wouldn't. Not unless someone told him.

"He wants these on you." He handed me the clothes.

Taking them from him I watched as he made his way back to the door. But before his hand grabbed the knob he turned around and looked at me.

"You know, we all have things in our lives that we aren't proud of. But that doesn't mean you have to die because of them. I'm sure what ever you did, you've paid back in ten fold by now." He gave me a smile trying to make this situation a bit better.