Chapter 38

Sorry for the major delay guys, but school has been hectic. But I'll be on break soon, so expect more regular updates!!!! OH and since I havent updated in a while, I decided to hold off and do a very drama filled chapter. But Ill shut up now and let you read!!

My body was weak, my arms felt as if they weighed a ton and moving them was an effort that I didn't want to think about. A tight chain was wrapped around my wrists, the warn rusty metal biting into my skin, causing blood to trickle down my forearms. The chain must have been wrapped around a wooden beam because I could feel a rough surface digging into my back even at my slightest movement.

My knees were pressing hard against the cold dirt ground, causing my bones to ache. But I couldn't find the strength in me to move to get out of this situation. Instead I kept my head hung low and my eyes staring into the darkness.

As I knelt there it finally dawned on me that I had no idea where I was, or how I got here. The last thing I remember was Daryl and I in bed. My arms wrapped around his toned chest holding onto him as he slept next to me.

"Hadley." Hearing my name suddenly I tried my hardest to move my head. I somehow managed to tilt it up enough to see I was in some kind of basement.

There were no windows, just a single lantern that hung from the side wall ominously. Breathing in a sharp breath I could easily smell the death lingering in the air. It wasn't the same death I was use to smelling, it was different.... It seemed fresh compared to the old stagnant rotting stench that usually filled the air.

"Hadley." I heard my name again, this time it seemed almost like a plea to get me to notice.

"Dare?" My voice cracked as I replied, thinking that Daryl was down here.

Just as I called out the lights came on, blinding my eyes immediately. I let a small groan as I snapped them shut in a half attempt to shield myself from the sheer brightness of the lights.

"Why hello there Hadley." Despite my eyes being held tightly shut I instantly knew who the voice belonged too. My body went taunt, my muscles coiled in fear. "Didn't think I'd ever get to see you again." He laughed maliciously, causing me to finally peek up at him through my lashes.

The governor stood there in all his alleged glory. He had a snake skin eye patch covering his bad eye. He had burn marks all along his face and the hand he had resting against one of the wooden beams that lined the basement.

"No.. This isn't real." I stated, gulping down the intense fear that was rising in my chest. Fear wasn't something that concerned me most of the time, but this man... This man made me want to curl up in a corner and wait till this was all over. "You're not real."

"I'm not real?" He all but laughed at my words as he brought his hands up and slapped it against his leather clad chest. "Oh, sweetheart I'm real." A cold, creepy smile crept across his lips that sent shivers down my spine.

My heart felt like it was pounding right through my rib cage. My pulse was audible as I knelt there with eyes wide with concern. Knowing that I was royally fucked.

"What are you going to do to me then?" My voice was small for some reason. Usually despite my fear I always made a point to be strong, to not let my enemy see me cowering.

"Nothing." He casually shrugged, taking a few calculated steps towards me. "Killing you just doesn't seem like fun anymore." He bluntly said, causing my brows to furrow in confusion. "I'd rather watch you fall apart seeing your lover killed."

My once hammering heart stopped dead in my chest just from hearing his words. I felt my body start to tremble knowing exactly who he was talking about, and I wanted nothing more than to rush over to the Governor and rip his throat out. But I knew that wasn't an option, I was chained down like a monster keeping me still and immobile so I had to watch what he was about to do.