Chapter 26

Reluctantly pulling away from each other to catch our breathes, I just smiled up at Daryl. His hair was disheveled, and for once he had a small smile on his face. Just seeing him happy made me forget about everything. About the walkers, the governor, the thoughts of how we were all going to eventually die.

"What's the plan?" I casually asked, letting my fingers run down the front of his flannel shirt.

"Kiss ye more." He grinned before leaning down and grazing his lips against mine.

I was more then willing to continue our business, but with it being broad day light in the middle of the woods it wasn't the best idea. With us both being distracted, we'd be easy pickings for a walker. Most importantly I wanted to know what the plan of action was, now that the prison was no longer a safe place to stay.

Pushing him away slowly, I pecked his lips once more before completely removing myself from his grasp.

"Not that plan Dare, I mean what is the plan for the group?" Sinking down to the ground I looked up at him before averting my gaze.

He stood there for a few silent minutes before taking a seat next to me. My eyes looking at all the holes and scrapes in his clothes, exposing his skin to the light. I really didn't think much of it when we were in the prison, but now that we are out in the wilderness we need some new clothes.

"Ain't discussed it yet." He muttered quietly, keeping his gaze on me. Watching my every move. "I was thinkin' we go to my dads huntin' cabin. It's big enough, ain't nobody around." Giving a shrug, he outstretched his hand turning my face gently in his direction. "Why?"

Judging by his expression, Daryl was unsure of why I even brought this up. He was probably worried I was going to pick my things up and leave. But there's no way in hell that I could even begin to think about doing that. At least not till I'm healed a bit more. Even then, I wasn't leaving Daryl.

"I just want to know, cause I know Rick isn't alright. So it's either going to be you or Shane taking charge." I hoped he didn't hear the apprehension in my voice as I said Shane's name. Don't get me wrong he is a good guy, but he'd turn on you faster then a rabid dog. Especially if it involved saving his own ass.

"Shane wants to head north. Talkin' 'bout some hospital, that said they had cures before the radio went dead." He mentioned quietly.

A hospital? Why did Shane just mention this now? We've been at the prison for months, and it never crossed his mind to tell us. Not that would have gone along with that idea anyways. Imagine all the walkers there would be if that place got over run. Just thinking about it made me shutter.

"Why did he just say something about this hospital?" Curiosity was my down fall, so I needed to know what Shane was thinking.

"He ain't. He's been on Ricks case since we left Atlanta 'bout it. But Rick said it ain't safe to go traipsing 'round in a hospital." Daryl eyebrow raised as he continued watching me, but I was busy thinking.

A cure... Would it be worth going to just have a tiny look around. Would it be worth the risk, to take the group and send them searching for some pipe dream that might not even exist.

"Ye thinkin' 'bout something Had, I can tell." Daryl's voice broke me from my thoughts. "Ye always get a funny look on ye face." Using his finger he pointed at the side of my face.

Ignoring that comment, I turned my attention back on him.

"It's probably nothing." Sighing, I ran my hand through my hair.

"Ain't never nothin' with ye." Daryl said as he slid closer to me. So that we were now side by side. Shoulder to shoulder as we sat in the middle of the woods. "You're smart Had, ye have somethin' to say so say it."