Chapter 40

Ok sorry for the delay guys, I was taking 19 credit hours this semester and I was drowning in work. But schools over and I hope you guys enjoy this!

So without further delay!! Here it is!!!

I never managed to fall back asleep that night. Instead my eyes were trained on the doorway waiting for something to happen. Either seeing that women escape and come barreling out at us with her katana, or the governor to come strolling in like he owned the place. Both were realistic options that caused my mind to wander and my tiredness to never set in.

Daryl had fallen asleep shortly after seeing Shane and Rick drag the women off to a separate part of the house. He must have been unusually tired because in most cases Daryl would never have slept with a unknown person in the house. He didn't sleep when I first entered the prison so I highly doubt he would have willingly went to sleep now.

"She won't talk, and we aren't staying so what are we going to do with her?" Hearing Ricks voice I turned my attention towards the window. Both him and Shane were standing there, talking to themselves.

Hearing this I slowly and carefully released myself from Daryl's arms that were tightly wrapped around me. Making sure not to disturb him in anyway. Lifting his arms away I slowly placed them at his sides as I pushed myself out of lap and onto my feet. Once I was standing I turned to look at him, making sure he was still fast asleep.

When he didn't seem to move I took that as my sign and I slowly made my way over to Rick and Shane. I kept my steps light, not wanting my boots thudding across the wooden floor to wake anyone up.

"She with the Governor?" Reaching out I grabbed Shane's shoulder as I spoke quietly.

The both of them jumped slightly at my sudden presences, which caused a small rewarding smirk to pull across my face. It was a rare occasion when you could sneak up on one of these two, so I was going to take my little reward and cherish it.

"Jeez guys, I'm not that scary am I?" I let a small chuckle escape my lips as I saw their faces and stances return to normal.

"No you ain't." Shane reached out and pulled me in close, causing my shoulder to bump into his chest. "You aren't suppose to be up though." Shane added as I pulled away and brushed my shoulder off.

"I saw you two bring in that women, Daryl didn't want me to know but I saw. So she's with the governor?" I asked again, this time my eyes going to Rick. Out of everyone he would tell me, especially if I was standing in front of him. Shane on the other hand, he probably would have kept it quiet if I never asked.

"She won't say one word, she just sits there." Rick said as he placed his hands on his belt. My eyes followed and watched his fingers fidget against the leather telling me he wasn't exactly thrilled about this.

"Can I try?" I asked, quietly. My head turning abruptly back over to Daryl when I heard him shift positions in his sleep.

Turning my head back, I saw Rick and Shane give each other a silent look. Their eyes communicating what they had to say, all the while keeping me in the dark. But I kept my mouth shut and let them do what they needed.

"You can try, but we ain't want you in there long. Dixon would have my balls if he ever found out." Shane finally said as his eyes ghosted over to Daryl and then back to me.

"I'm not a baby, and I can clearly take care of myself. So if he had a problem, then he's going to have to get over it." My eyes intently burned into Shane's telling him how it was. I wasn't a baby, and I wasn't letting Daryl control me. I'm capable of doing things and he had to get over the protective lover stance.