Chapter 5

Being Crushed with New crushes

        I woke up next morning, in the same place. David's arms were wrapped tightly around me, and my head was on his chest. His breath was slow and steady, his heart beat was a little faster then usual. I moved in closer to the warmth of his body heat.

        His heart beat started faster. Along with his breathing. His grip on my tightened and I let out a moan of pain. I tried to push away, but he just wouldn't budge. I Didn't know what he was doing, but it felt wrong. I kneed him in his sensitive spot and he let go, while letting out groans of pain. His eyes opened and widened as he fell over the log with his legs crossed. I stared at him, and realized that, I felt bad.

        After a while David recovered. He was careful around me now. Even when he walked, he had sort of a limp. It was kind of funny how I could make him hurt, but again, I felt kind of bad about hitting him there in the most sensitive spot on a mans body.He is sitting on the log drawing on the dirt with a stick. I'm under a tree laying on it. We haven't talked for 2 hours, since. I walked over, and sat down next to him.

        "I'm sorry," I said. He looked at me and just stared. "Can you not look at me like that? It makes me feel guilty." He shrugged. "Really?" He shrugged again. I pulled his shoulders so he would have to look at me. The motion shocked me. " I said I was sorry, I accepted your sorry, can't you accept mine?" I surprised myself by acting like this.

        "It hurts," he said. When I didn't answer, he went on. " When people you like are mad or sad, and you can't do anything to comfort them." He basically just said that he liked me. I stared at him for a minute. He kept looking at my lips then my eyes, like he was going to kiss me. I turned away before he had the chance. He looked sad. I tried not to look at him, this relationship is only professional. It's not even a relationship. At least that's what i wanted to believe.

        I stood and walked over to a tree and put my hand on it. I guess I was there for a while because it started getting dark. I turned to see David staring at me. He stood and waited there. We stared into each others eyes for a minute, before he walked over to me. He stopped right in front of me.

        At first I thought he was going to Pick me up and move me out of the way of something behind me, but he leaned towards my face. He was about to kiss me, but then he backed away and walked over to the log and sat down. And that's when I saw it. his previous life. As a bear. He's with a little girl, she has a backpack on her back. She is sitting on his back while he walks across a river. She turns around, and I see her face. it's me.

       I looked down and thought for a moment, It can't be possible. Jay is a bear, and David is a person slash monster thing. I almost forgot that he could read my mind. I looked up at David and he had his hands in his face.

        It started raining again,I ran over to the shelter and sat down a few inches away from David. David took his jacket off again, i had given it back after he built the shelter, but i guess he had put it on me in the night because, when i woke up it was on me. He handed me the jacket and led me towards the little Indian style tent he set up. We sat down on the log and he sighed really loudly.

        I lifted my head to him. "I'm sorry about that," he said after some time. I didn't know what he meant. He almost kissed me! Why would he apologize for that?

        "Why are you sorry?" I asked. It's not like we would have died if he had kissed me. Well, actually, with David I don't know what would have happened.

        He looked at me. I put my hand on the log and stretched my back. It felt like I had a large stick pressed to the middle of my back.