Two Different Worlds {10}

 Chapter Ten:

Two weeks passed since the day that John told me about his miserable life, I got perfect grades and my mother and step-father were really glad and happy for me. And second of course I got closer to John, which caused me a lot of bad things, that mean of a step-sister I have put shaving cream in my locker, put glue on my chair, but that wasn’t really bad because when my jeans got ripped I changed into a skirt, which all of the boys really liked and of course last but not least I failed at getting any information about Ben.

                                                               Queen Of The School

My dear students, I am sure that most of you already know what this beauty contest is about, for this contest was a tradition for several years. But this year, I changed it a bit.

So to start off, I need to mention that it is still a beauty contest and that the winner will be the Queen Of The School and she will be known as the most popular girl here. But there are new things, you my dear girls need to do the things written below to be named the winner:

-You need to do charity things for about a week. The one that does more charity works gets more points. For each work you get ten points.

-You need to do a camp of course.

-There will be a party next week, in that party you need to look Beautiful as the contest says. In that party you’ll have to come with a Date and this time the boy needs to ask the girl, it is not the girl who asks the boy because that will make harder. In the party the students will vote for the winner.

-There will be questions. The questions are not only, beauty questions, there will be others, because Our Queen must be clever and intelligent.

If you want to join write your name below and come to the theater at five a.m. to do the audition.

Thank you.

                                       Your dearest headmistress: Mrs. Brown.

I finished reading the paper that was placed on the board, in the hall. Our high-school does that contest every year. Without guessing, Rachel will be the winner. She won last year and the year before that and the year before that. Taking my French book out of my locker and closing it, I found John’s face just in front of mine. “Wow... John I officially hate you.”

“Really?”

“No.”

He got closer to me and whispered in my ear. “Then do you love me?” My face got red, and I smiled shyly, as much as wanted to tease him, as much as I couldn’t find the right words to say. “Well, I’ll take that as a ‘Yes John Baby, I’m in love with you.’” John said with his girly voice tucking on a strand of hair which made me laugh. If you could have just seen his face.

I pushed him away sticking my tongue out. “You wish.”

“Okay, okay whatever. I want to kiss you.”

“Nope, I don't want everyone else seeing us eating each other's face.”

Pouting, he said. “Okay, but don’t forget that that doesn’t mean that you are not coming to my house later. You didn’t come in a week and I really miss you Sam, I really do, okay?” I nodded and a smile covered his lips. “Anyway, which class do you have?”

“Madame Clair, French class.”

Boooriiing.” I punched him in the arm and gave him my best death glare. “Ouch. I meant do well in that class my dear.”

“Good. So what do you-”

“Jooooohhhn.” Squealed Rachel all the way from the end of the hall until she got closer to us, standing by his side, she started caressing his arm, if I didn’t know both of them I would have said that they were dating. He pulled his arm away. “What are you doing with this Bitch?... Anyways, you see there is the beauty contest, of course they will accept me and I was wondering, why don’t you be my date?” 

“But I thought that this year, boys were meant to ask the girls out. And, she is not a bitch.”

“Whatever, I couldn’t wait for my Johnny to ask me to be his date, so I said I will make it easier for him.”

“First Rachel, I’m not your 'Johnny'. Second I wasn’t going to ask you to be my date.” He humiliated her like it was the most normal thing ever. “What were you saying Samantha?”

Biting my lip and holding back a laugh, I answered as we started walking, “I said which class do you have?”

“English with Mr. Wesley” He told me. “Is she always like that?”

"Yeah well especially when she is around you, you know that she has been wanting you since forever.” I told John honestly.

“I don’t care, I don’t want her. I want another girl Sam.” He said and he looked at me for a while. He wants me. When I didn’t say anything he continued talking. “Anyway, why don’t join the contest Samantha? You know you’ve become the hottest girl in the school, I’m sure you could win easily, plus I will be your date.”

“What? No there is no way I could win.” I answered ignoring the fact that he said he will be my date.

“No you can win, no no no, you will win.” He said encouraging. “Samantha Clark would you like to be my date?”