Two Different Worlds {8}

   Chapter Eight

“And we kissed again Hayley.” I squealed when I got to the kissing part of my story. We decided to hang out in Hayley's house after school hours. All day long John kept on giving me winks and smiles, which was quite sexy to tell the truth but that made some people suspicious and I hoped that no girl would know about our shared kisses or I would be dead for sure.

"Shit. I can’t fucking believe that John Tatum, Mr. Player kissed Miss Geek Samantha Clark, and not only once, but twice. Girl you are so damn lucky, I mean girls would fucking kill to have that kiss. Now tell me everything about it.”

"You can be such a girl sometimes Hayley.” I mocked my best tomboy friend ever. But seriously Hayley was never the kind of girls that would like to stop and talk about the romance stuff. If you ever told me that one day Hayley would be squealing and listening to me talking about my first kiss, I would have thought that you were mental.

“Ha ha ha ha. Very funny Sam." She faked a laugh. "Now shut up and tell me, I’m serious.”

“Ugh. As corny and cheesy as it sounds, I must tell you it was perfect. The best kiss I had ever had.. Well I only had two kisses.. But anyway it was much better than our first kiss and of course the first kiss was much better than the ones I imagined. There were the shivers, the warm sensation and the tingles that spread all over your body. You know? Do you remember when we watched ‘The princess diaries’ and-”

“Wait a second. Let's make everything clear, I didn’t watch ‘Your princess diaries’, you on the other hand forced me to do so.”

The memories of that day came flashing back in my mind, when I bought the DVD of ‘The princess diaries’, I was so freaking excited to watch it, and I didn’t really appreciate the idea of watching it all alone, so I told Hayley to give me some company. She wouldn't count her self a fan of that kind of movies, she loves action, horror maybe sometimes humor, but never did she agree to watch a romance film. I told her to come to my house, because I have this fantastic horror movie to watch, and then when she knew it was romance she decided to leave, I begged her to stay with me and watch it for just thirty minutes, until she finally said yes. And that was the worst night of her life as she said. The expressions she made with her face all through out the movie were priceless.

The funny memories made me laugh at my best friend, we haven’t spent such a good time in weeks or maybe even more, and I really missed us hanging out like this. “Anyway, remember that scene when they kissed and she lifted her foot? I wanted to do the exact same thing, and I am really disappointed for not doing it. But the kiss was perfect and that's the most important thing.”

“Then I am really glad you didn't do that. Now the most important thing, what happened after the kiss? Slept together? Did the dead?”

That was the question I was hoping so badly that she wouldn't dare to ask. I couldn’t tell Hayley the truth, I can’t tell her such a big secret, even though she is my best friend and I am not used to hiding things. But I just.. I just can’t. My best friend’s question made me remember all the strange things that happened yesterday in John’s house.

After the kiss hee finished his dinner, while sitting on the couch and watching this very romantic and cheesy movie with me. And thank god the atmosphere wasn't awkward anymore, but him mocking the movie and me laughing at his jokes was pretty comfortable. He put his arm around my shoulders pulling me closer to him and putting my head on his shoulder I fell asleep.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH.” I woke up in Alice’s room, I didn't even know how I managed to get here, the last thing I remember was sleeping on the sofa in the living-room. John was yelling at the top of hid lungs, at first I thought I was dreaming and didn’t believe my ears, until I heard him scream again. “AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH. ALLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCEEE. NOOOO” I rushed at his bedroom and pushed the door open, storming inside.

John was frightening, he was yelling and moving all over his bed hitting it with his arms, but he was still asleep. He was having a nightmare. He looked scary as I told you before, but he seemed scared and hurt at the same time. I can’t deny that I was scared that he could do something bad to me, hit me or cause me any harm, but I gathered my strength and walked to him carefully.

I put a hand on his shoulder; I shook him a little while calling his name, until he shifted a bit and then finally opened his eyes after rubbing them. He was crying, tears were streaming down his face, and he looked hurt, upset and scared. “Samantha?" He asked in a whisper.

Pulling the covers up, I slid down next to him under them and held him tight like a baby against my chest, caressing his soft brown hair with my fingers, trying to calm and ease him, as much as I can, he was shaking and crying, he didn’t look like the John that everybody knows. The jerk John that thought he owned the place. This John was pathetic. “Hush, don’t worry, I am with you now. I will make sure no one and nothing will hurt you. I promise John. Please stop crying.” 

My thumb caressed his cheek gently, wiping away all the tears that slid down it. I stayed in that position, until I was certain that he was asleep. I kissed his forehead, his cheek and I gave him a soft peck on the lips.

He looked cute, adorable and so peaceful when he was sleeping. I decided to sleep there, in case he had another nightmare I would be with him. We woke up in the morning and he looked really glad to have me there, but none of us did mention anything about yesterday. I was biting my tongue to not talk about last night's events for I wanted to clear out the things so badly.

“Earth to Samantha. Wohoo, where have you been ?.. Shit who the hell am I talking to? Listen to me for god's sake.” Asked Hayley, snapping me out of my thoughts.

“What?”

“What happened after the kiss?”

"Oh? We finished our dinner like any normal person would and then I went to sleep in his sister’s room. Nothing out of the ordinary happened. I mean what did you think would happen?” I lied and I laughed nervously. I am a freaking terrible liar and she is my best friend, so I am more sure she noticed my freaking terrible attempt at forming a lie. I hope that she would like just pretend believing me.

“Are you-” Hayley was about to continue asking, when my phone vibrated in my pocket saving me from the questions my best friend was shooting at me. I pulled my cell phone out, and a smile speared across my face. JOHN SENT ME A MESSAGE!.

'Hello there beautiful sunshine. Yesterday night was a long night, and I’m sure that you are confused about what happened, I wasn’t planning on telling anyone my secret, but I’m sure you need an explanation. So, how about coming to my house as soon as possible? We need to talk and KISS;)’ And that was his text.

I grinned at the last line of the text from ear to ear. Yes we needed to KISS. John was absolutely right, I was and I am still confused, and I needed a big explanation as soon as possible. “I am sorry Hayley I need to go now. I will see you tomorrow, okay? I'll text you when I get home.” I told her as I gave her a kiss on the cheek and made my way to the bedroom door.

“It was the jerk that sent you the message, am I right?”

“Yes. And you need to stop calling him a jerk, he is not one after all.”

Hayley rose her eyebrows in disbelief laughing as she said. “You’re not falling for him, aren’t you?”

I didn’t answer that question as I rushed out of the house and got into my car. Am I really falling for him, or am I just playing?