Two Different Worlds {9}

  Chapter Nine:

“Hello John.” I greeted as he opened the house's wooden brown door for me, after several knocks. A grin was placed on his perfect, delicious lips. What? Don't judge me, they are perfect and delicious. Anyway, a grin was placed on his lips at my sight.

John opened both arms for me as to embrace me into a hug, I looked at his arms, I gave him a sour look and then walked past him, ignoring his request of hugging me. “It is not that easy to run away from me, haven’t you learned that?”

He grabbed my arm and pushed me against the freaking wall putting both of his hands on my sides as always (note the sarcasm.) “Why do I always have to be stuck with this freaking wall, don’t you have other techniques? I mean you are John Tatum, our high-school’s player. Or are you running out of methods?”

“Trust me gorgeous, this is the best technique. Girls totally adore it and plus I will be one hundred percent sure that you won’t run away.”

“Give me a single freaking reason that will make me want to run away dummy, huh?” I told him, but then I regretted it. Why did I tell him that? – Now he would be thinking that I am dying to have one of his irresistible, delicious, breath taking kisses. – After all I think I might be craving for the touch of his lips on mine.

“Does that mean you don’t want to run away, because you can’t keep your lips away from my very delicious ones? Because you want me to kiss you Samantha, right?” 

“Oh, how did you find out? I am so impressed, you're a genius.” I mocked sarcastically. John was right and I for sure can’t deny that, but I wasn’t that ready to tell him that I can’t resist his kisses, though he knows I like him, but it is still a bit hard for me.

“I already told you that I am in fact intelligent.”

“And you forgot to tell me that you are cocky.”

“Well that is one of my very special things... Now am I going to have a kiss or no?” I shook my head, but he kissed me anyway, though I didn’t respond back. He was trying his best to make me react, but when I say no, it is no. “Fine I give up.” He surrendered after a couple of moments.

“Great, I am proud. I made John Tatum give up.” I told him as I walked in the living room and sat on the couch. “Where is Alice anyway?” I asked as I looked around searching for John's very sweet girl.

John sat next to me, putting his arm around my shoulders to pull me closer. He kissed the top of my head, and gave me a soft kiss under my earlobe, which made me shiver and that made him chuckle. “We are having fun, why are looking for Alice?”

I took his arm off of my shoulders and pulled away from him making him frown in the process. “My dear John you are having fun, I on the other hand am bored to death. That is exactly why I'm looking for Alice.”

“Really?... Then here I might just leave and you... you stay here and wait for your dearest Alice to come, she’ll take about three hours, maybe even more... Enjoy yourself.” John got up and started walking towards the refrigerator.

I chuckled and turned back looking at me with a confused expression on his face. “Come here, I was just kidding.” I said as I patted the spot next to me. A grin grew on his lips as he rushed to the sofa and jumped on the spot next to me.

Putting his hands on my hips, he pulled me up and sat me on his lap. “So you were kidding?” I nodded. “So I can kiss you?” I tapped my chin with my finger and then after a while I replied with a nod.

John turned me around so that I was facing him, pulled me closer and gave me a full kiss on the lips, but it was soft nothing too heated for I came here for a reason and we weren't going to be spending the whole afternoon making out.

Still sitting in his lap, I moved in a more comfortable position and said, “John, aren’t going to explain what happened yesterday at night? I mean I am not... I don't know I am just confused as you said before.”

"Yeah, you are right, you are here for a reason... Yeah well it is a long story. It is one of my biggest secrets, nobody knows about it, but here I am going to tell it now for you really need an explanation... When I was a kid my parents divorced and we lived with our father for two years, when they divorced I was eight years old and Alice was twelve years old. Our father didn’t let us see our mother, and we missed her a lot.... Alice was like a maid in there, she cooks, she cleans and that fat old man left us hungry and came back every night drunk with a new bitch that he was going to fuck, he always scolded, tortured, blamed us for their divorce.”

John’s eyes started watering as the memories flashed back in his mind, I held his hand and squeezed it, trying to ease him and make him feel better.

“One day, we couldn’t just stay there, live that miserable life, without even seeing our mother... Well to tell the truth she didn't try that hard to see us or have us back but then again maybe she didn’t care about us, or maybe she was hopeless and scared.... Whatever, we decided to run out of the house, start a new life on our own. We knew it was going to be hard we were ten and fourteen years old by that time, but we were sure that it was going to be better than this life... And so we packed when that fucking man whore wasn’t home.”

I nodded to prove that I was listening to his heart breaking story, and give him a nod to continue talking. “So, when we were about to go out of the house that day with our bags in our hands, he... he came back earlier than usual, he wasn’t used to coming around that time... I guess maybe he knew we were up to something, for that morning we woke up so happy with smiles and grins, like we were in heaven, though we were in hell, a living-hell.”

John stopped talking, and he wiped a tear that ran down his cheek with his sleeve. “He lined us, took out his belt and.... And well started doing his madness over us. He started with me, the youngest in the family.... Yeah me I was abused when I was a child... Who could say that John Tatum had that life before?”

John looked at the ceiling, he half laughed, half smiled. But it wasn’t a happy laugh, nor a genuine smile. His face was sad, and for the first time in my life I could see John sad and crying and to tell the truth I wasn't really happy to seeing him like that. “Then he got to Alice and it really hurt me, to see Ali getting abused, she didn’t deserve it, even in the slightest.... That day I cried like a baby girl, trust me. After Alice, he got back to me, he said I deserved to be beaten even more, but Ben wasn’t going to let me get abused one more time, so he said that he would take my place, and dad – that man accepted with a grin, he was enjoying hitting us and seeing the fear in our eyes, and he killed him.... He killed him that day Sam.”

“Ben? Who’s Ben John?”

“Ben, did I say Ben? .... Oh no I meant Alice. Alice not Ben Samantha.... Anyway the story ended, do you want a coffee?”

“Mmm, yes please.” I told him, pretending that I believed what he just said, I didn't want to push him even more. But who the hell is Ben?