CHAPTER 15

Anan.

"Go then, I don't care you never cared about us anyways"Mom yells betrayal and mortification in her eyes. In return Baba only shakes his head, I could only imagine the thoughts going through his head, this wasn't the woman he married, it wasn't.

"Don't you dare say that Samira"Baba yells back slamming his fist against the counter. I clutch my eyes tight letting out a ragged breath, I didn't want them to know I was listening but could I really help the hot tears that were falling. "Ayesha is the most important person in my life"

"Important?"Ummi huffs rolling her eyes. "You didn't think that last week"

Last week?. I wondered what Baba said, why did he want to leave. Didn't he have everything he wanted here in Mana , he had Ummi and I, wasn't that what was important?.

"That was a mistake"Baba whispers but it was loud enough for Ummi and I to hear. Ummi shakes her head yet again and I knew she did that because she didn't want to break down in front of Baba. Ummi was never vulnerable, she never showed any feelings. That was just how she was.

"SHE was a mistake. You and I both know that"Ummi says, who was a mistake?. I?. "You yourself said it that Anan was the worst mistake of your entire life."

I awake with a start, sitting up in bed and feeling disoriented when I don't recognize my surroundings at first but I quickly settle down with a sigh of relief when I realize where I am and that it's already morning. This was the second nightmare I had this night.

I feel like I haven't slept for a week. I'm tired, sleepy and everything aches, especially my chest where I have that familiar tightness that makes it so hard to breathe. I sit up in the bed, pulling my knees to my body and wrap my arms around them hugging myself and burying my head on them while letting out heavy breaths. I found this as the easiest and fastest way to calm myself down. It helps me focus on breathing and clears my mind off.

But that tiredness of a rough night doesn't go away though, I could still feel the sweat prickling at my neck and I know it's going to be a long day.

I get myself out of bed and get ready for the day, not even trying with my looks. After I take a shower, I did my usual hair tutorial and wear my uniform. I didn't care if anyone notices the dark circles or how tired I looked. I gave up long time ago trying to impress people. I don't care about looks anymore, Allah doesn't look at our appearances or any of our worldly possessions only what's in our hearts. But sadly those two things means the most in this world.

I arrive at the Royal Kitchen in less than five minutes and see it's already busy. Maids were washing dishes and chefs were ready to start breakfast. After washing my hands and tying my apron, I quickly switched on the fryer since today was the day that I was responsible for frying the stuff- fries, eggs etc.

Each day you get assigned to what you cook and today I would be frying, that was probably the easiest job, second to cutting and slicing. I actually preferred it that you're assigned to a certain category of cooking, it's way better and easier.

As I stared frying the fries Mama came out of the pantry. You could tell she was in a bad mood, I wondered why. But then wasn't she always in a bad mood. I didn't bother greeting her because she was probably not going to answer or tell me I should focus on my job. I bought out my IPhone from my pocket, I logged into my Instagram liking some pictures. It had been so long, God.

"Allahu Akbar" Mama yells. I averted my gaze from my IPhone to see her arms folded and she was staring at me. If it wasn't her I would have rose my eyebrows in question but this was my mother probably the most no nonsense person on this planet.