CHAPTER 18

Anan.

The next morning I had pretty much concluded I was crazy. Not because I spent most of my days staring at my ceiling or because I read the same book over and over again but I hadn't been able to concentrate through out the day due to what happened last night. After what I said to Ahsab AKA the Crown Prince, I hadn't been able to think about anything else, a few times I felt like I was going to have a heart attack at the memory of what I said.

How more stupid could I get?.

Apart from calling his name, I was being dead rude. Yes, I was sure that before I left the room, the one thing he wanted to do was smash my head against the wall and beat the hell out of me. Yes, I disrespected him.

But all that were no excuses.

I was a servant.

He was a Prince.

He came from the 'most respective family in this country'.

And my whole family were workers.

He had people who would protect him if he did anything wrong.

And my family wouldn't do anything to oppose him or his family.

But most of all

he had people who cared about him

I didn't.

I wiped my eyes before I would get any emotional about my horrible life and said 'Alhamdulilah' at least ten times to remind myself that no matter what I was going through people had it worse than me.

I sigh as I washed my hands, today was going to be a long day that I was sure of. I had so many things to do, first cooking two type of meals for dinner then serving dinner to Queen Ameera because she wanted to spend some alone time with me while she ate her dinner.

I glance at my wrist watch.

6:35.

Good! great.

Dinner was going to be late, if I don't focus and it maybe even burn because my thoughts were going haywire. I mixed the spaghetti for some time before going to the sauce.

"Hello beautiful"A chirpy voice by my side spoke, I turned around to see Razan, one of the only people that I cared about and I could actually picture saying that about me not that I believe that. Razan was looking gorgeous as usual even though she was wearing her uniform, her brown eyes shone in happiness.

She was a jewel.

"Hey gorgeous"I beam at her. "Why so happy"I add, her eyes were literally shining don't blame me for asking. I need to, to curious.

Curiosity killed the cat.

Blah, blah, blah.

"What can you do Anan?"she laughs and I rose my eyebrow in question. "When your cousin is so happy". She adds.

Seee! This is why I love her.

She's all about positivity, sometimes I feel like she's the only person that is truly happy not only about her y'all but about others as well. A lot of times I wish I could tell her about how I feel about my life, but then I just can't, I wish I could tell her how I'm hurting but then I always brush it off with 'just forget it'.

No one will understand.

No one can.

"You tell me"I smile widely throwing my hands up. "What can I do Ya Rabb, Why is my cousin so happy?".

Razan throws her head laughing. "Wallah, I love you Anan"

I love you.

Such a foreign sentence to me. I've never told anyone that sentence before, not my mum nor my dad. I've only told Chantel and Dy that I loved them before. And that was because they made me happy for so long.

"I love you too"I say.

She shakes her head before punching my arm lightly. "Don't get all serious"

I shrug. "Care to tell me why you're so happy"

"Just happy"she answers curtly. I turn around to finish my food because I just wanted it to be over with so that I could get some alone time. Since I couldn't wait for any maid to come, I poured the spaghetti and sauce into the cooler and decided to go keep it at the living room. Since the two twins Prince Salim and Prince Amir took thier dinner at the living room.

I felt the need to rub my eyes because of how I wanted to sleep, I loved sleep a lot. Because

1) I can escape from my reality.

and 2) I can feel myself safe under the warmth of my blanket which by far is the best place in the world.

The sight I saw in the corridors instantly made my eyes wide, Princess Princess Basma Fatima was trying to talk to Ahsab who was clearly drunk and from the looks of it the conversation was definitely not going well.

"I need to talk to you Abdu-"she started to say but he cut her off.

"No way. I'm not doing this. Good night." She was in front of him and he tried to move but she didn't budge. "What the hell do you want"

"Why do you smell like this, you've been drinking again haven't you. What will the Alleignace council think when they find out. You know, they've been waiting for an opportunity to push you off the throne." she spoke angrily at him. He shook his head like he wasn't hearing her but he knew what she was saying at the same time.

"If Baba sees you like this? Wait, you don't even care do you? If you keep shutting people out that's how you'll end up alone"

Ahsab shook his head yet again before steadily speaking. "I would actually love to be left alone by you, Baba, the Allegiance Council and everyone in the whole fucking world. Move out of my way, I can't do this right now"

"Is this how you deal with your shit?"she exclaims and everyone that was there were stunned. She was usually an easy going lady and rarely shouted even if you did anything wrong but like others she was done with the Crown Prince.

Ahsab stood there before finally snapping from his blank state and turned his gaze to me. It was like he just noticed I was in the room. His expression softened a bit but he quickly hid it.

Ahsab shook his head before turning around and swiftly pulled out a gun.

A freaking gun.

A few people let out gasps and everyone just stared as the scene unfolded. "I could easily kill you"he say though he didn't point the gun at her.

"And I wouldn't give a fuck even if I did that, because I don't care about you or anyone in this world".

And that's when I knew

gone were those days when this Palace was somewhat 'normal'.

Oh how I wish I could return to them

*******************

It's my birthday!.

Decided to update for you guys today so I hope y'all love it.

You guys mean everything to me.

Love always Pearl ❤️.