CHAPTER 26.

Anan.

I don't think Ahsab and I's friendship will ever be the same after that incident at the afternoon. Ahsab's attitude came across as possessive and a tad bit of jealousy which I didn't like one bit. I hated feeling like that, and I was already pissed earlier that day so Ahsab fueled the pissing feeling and turned it into a sad feeling all along.

I'm lying on my bed staring at the ceiling while listening to XXXTentacion music. Just a sad kid with good taste in music. I'm wrapped in a purple blanket and Razan is sitting at the edge of the bed watching a show on TV.

The urge to leave everything behind is here in me and I don't know what that my cause. I know it won't be hard to leave the palace, I have days I could leave the palace but simply choose not to. And of course we can travel at least to a certain place within the country once in two months and outside the country once in five months.

I hear Razan takes a sharp breath and I glance at her, she's paused her show and is staring at me. I raise one eyebrow and she shakes her head before finally placing her head on my lap.

"Ana"she says. "What's wrong"she adds staring up at me. Razan and I had been friends for so many years, we were so close before I left that she could tell when I was deep in thought, which was most of the time, sad also most of the time and happy, which was rare. She was the sister I never had.

"It's nothing"I shakily said. There was nothing, I was worried about nothing. Because what I was worried about was really nothing. I was worried about something that was never there. A friendship that never existed.

I couldn't deny that I was feeling bad that I compared Ahsab to Yasser, they were two people from different worlds and I judged Ahsab. Yes, he was wrong by interfering in me and Yasser's business but that was how he was, not how I was.

"I know you, Anan"Razan says snapping me out of my thoughts. "I know you're worried about something or someone" she adds someone reluctantly. Our eyes meet and I offer her a small smile.

"It's nothing"I tell her. "It's nothing you have to worry about"

She takes a deep breath getting up not before giving me a look that states 'this isn't over'. She picks up her headscarf and ties it around her head then flashes me a smile as a cue that she's going off.

To clear it off, Razan and I were just taking a rest because we have tons of work. Today is the anniversary of Ahsab being declared Crown Prince and the King requests all his children to come over for dinner as 'it calls for a celebration'.

I'm sure everyone is confused why the king regards Ahsab being declared Crown Prince as such an important occasion because honey it is. To King Abdulaziz his greatest achievement would be his son being appointed Crown Prince. You see the Crown doesn't run by a particular family instead is appointed by the allegiance council to a son of the whole Abdullah clan.

I don't know how the king did it but he convinced half and a quarter of the allegiance council to give Ahsab the Crown, and now in a couple of years he'll become the King of Mana . King Abdulaziz flawless plan continues as whoever the unlucky girl who gets to wed Ahsab is will birth a son. And he will successfully become the Crown Prince so the crown runs on their blood line after that.

Perfect.

I wear my uniform and put my hair in a bun then tie my scarf in a turban. I keep my phone under my pillow, switching off my music then finally exiting the room. It doesn't take me to long to arrive at the Royal kitchen and I know the tension of my argument is there. No one acknowledges my presence except Nusayba who instructs me to start preparing the falafel before we run out of time.