Ch 26 - Preparing For Battle

Everyone sat there looking at Miss Orimura. Miss Orimura hit a button on her desk and a layout of the area where Phantom Task was located showed up as a hologram across the table.

"This is the layout for their place. As you can see there isn't any blind spot to take them from surprise. They will instantly know we are there once we enter within seventeen-hundred meters of the place. They will have plenty of time to gather there forces and prepare a defense for their place. From the intelligence that we have, they even have the sewers underneath being monitored. This operation will be extremely dangerous. The government is lending us support fire for this operation. Once they drop some bombs we are to immediately engage in combat. Our goal is to break through. This operation isn't like any other combat that you have been engaged in. You have permission to disengage your protective programs. I will state this. This is real and it is war. You have to fight with the intent to kill. If any of you can't do that then please say so now." Miss Orimura say with a serious look on her face.

No one said anything. Everyone just sat there. They knew a time like this was going to happen eventually and were prepared to do what it takes.

"Good now that is over with let's come up with a strategy to try and penetrate their defenses." Miss Orimura says.

Everyone sat there for the next two hours pointing out spots that could be potential weak spots in their defense lines. Everyone was tired after thinking so much that Miss Orimura ordered everyone to take the day off and get themselves prepared physically and mentally because tomorrow they would strike Phantom Task.

-----

You and Charlotte head to the docking bay where your IS units were and called the maintenance crew down to work on your IS units. Everyone wanted to make sure that their IS units were in perfect condition for the fight. Some were adding parts and weapons to their IS unit. You had an AIC installed along with a charged laser cannon. After about an hour Tabane came in with parts galore. She started working on installing the parts herself with help from the maintenance crew. Once everything was installed on everyone's units, they looked like the first tank style units of IS units. You were all impressed when Tabane had added a second core for everyone's units for power. You were all going to call it a day when a girl with platinum blonde hair came.

"Sister!" Laura shouted.

"Hello sister. Sorry for not telling you but I will be fighting along side you. Shall we become the dynamic duo again?" the girl asks.

"Anytime." Laura says.

"Well now for proper introductions. This here is my apprentice. Her name is Chloe Chronicle. She will be helping you guys out. Well my work is done here. I will catch you guys later. I need to talk to Chifuya." Tabane said before taking off.

"Well. Shall we all get some rest and be prepared to get up early tomorrow?" you ask.

"Let's get some sleep." Ichika says.

Everyone heads back to there with Chloe staying with Laura. You and Charlotte make it back to your room. You both get into bed and cuddle for a while. You both were a little nervous but knew that as long as everyone worked together you all would be fine. You both kiss each other deeply before Charlotte cuddles up tightly against you. You wrap your arms around her and both of you drift off to sleep to rest for tomorrow's battle.