Ch 4 - A Gentleman's Chivalry

You head off towards the cafeteria to join everyone. You reach the cafeteria and get some cheeseburgers and fries. Once you had enough on your tray you head over to the table that has your friends and sit down with them. Everyone seemed to be engaged in conversation with each other so you just sit there and remain quiet. You start eating and keep your head down not paying attention to anyone. What you didn't know is that Charlotte was watching you.

"(F/N)? Are you alright." Charlotte says.

You look up and noticed that everyone was looking at you and had stopped talking.

"Well kind of. I took the liberty of explaining to Miss Orimura of why we were late and asked not to punish you. She accepted it so you don't have to it." you say to Charlotte.

"Thank you. That still doesn't answer why you look a little pale." Charlotte says.

"Well, I didn't know if you would be mad at me for doing that." you say with an embarrassed look on your face.

"I'm not mad by any means." Charlotte says.

You go to look up and see everyone's reaction when all of a sudden you pass out. Your head hit the table with a sickening thud.

"Get him to the infirmary now!" yelled Charlotte.

---three hours later---

You wake up and look around to see that you are in a bed in the infirmary. You notice Charlotte asleep by the side of your bed and she is holding onto your hand. For some reason you couldn't move any part of your body. You look down and noticed that there are straps holding you down.

"Charlotte?" you say out of curiousity.

Charlotte stirs a little and then opens her eyes. All of a sudden she flings herself on top of you and hugs you. You see tears stream down her face.

"I'm so happy you are okay." she says while sobbing.

"I'm fine now. Please don't cry." you say.

Just then Miss Orimura and Miss Yamada come in with the nurse and doctor.

"How are you felling (F/N)(L/N)?" Miss Orimura asks.

"I'm feeling fine. Is there any way you can remove the restraints please?" you say and ask.

Miss Orimura nods her head and the nurse removes the straps holding you down. You put your arms around Charlotte and try to get her to calm down.

"I think it's time to explain to Charlotte about your condition." Miss Orimura says.

You sit up still holding onto Charlotte. You push her back a little and lift her head up to were she can she your face. She looks up at you. She isn't sobbing anymore but tears still silently stream down her face.

"Well. I have a condition that sometimes when I get worried too much, I end up getting sick and sometimes pass out. They put me with being your roommate because they knew if something bad happened that you would be kind enough to look out for me. I am thankful for that and didn't mean to scare you. Can you forgive me for not telling you?" you say and ask.

"Yes I can forgive you but please don't ever keep something that important from me again. I know that we may not know each other well but I see you as my friend and care about you. Everyone else does too. I think you should as tell them." Charlotte says.

"I think you are right." you say.

"Well you two head back onto your room and relax. You can do the laps some other day. You need some rest right now." Miss Orimura says.

With that said, Miss Orimura leaves and everyone else does too leaving just you and Charlotte together. Charlotte helps you gets dressed since you are still nauseous and you both head back to your room together.