𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝓌𝑜: 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝑅𝑒𝒹 𝒮𝒸𝒶𝓇𝒻

" I can't believe that it's six already," Ayame complained and adjusted her uniform. She picked up her duffel bag from off the floor and place the strap on the shoulder. She looked in the mirror again before leaving out her room. She quickly brushed down her very silky and soft dark colored hair that stopped down in the middle of her back as she slid her brush in the pocket of her duffel bag and headed downstairs to the kitchen then opened the front door.

" Ayame, please put something in your stomach."  A very young mother said with a white apron over her pretty blue dress. Her dark color hair matched her daughter but was more in its natural state frisky and had emerald green eyes..( Ayame had a perm).

"You should listen to your mother." An older man said flipping through the newspapers and was sitting down at the kitchen.  He softly ran his fingers through his blond hair before flipping another page. As his brown eyes didn't leave the paper. He's a very important businessman. 

" Ayame, dear. We're sorry that we can't make this game." They apologized.

" I'll be fine Mom, Dad... I'm leaving..." She addressed and with that, she wrapped a scarf around her neck then took off.  She started to walk to school a tab bit nervous about today meet because some very important people were going to critic her on her performance to be accepted into the Nationals. However, she was also sad that nobody would be cheering on her. She had this wall built for herself no matter the circumstances she must never let her true feelings emerge. She doesn't want to seem weak and vulnerable to those around her.  

" Man, this really sucks," Ayame said to herself and kicked a small pebble as it travels and smacks someone in the head. She thought about walking away but knew that she'll have a guilty conscious afterward as she saw the blood drip from the side of his head.

" Hey! Are you okay?" She questioned. They seem to be around the same age but attend different high schools. She pulled out her handkerchief as she slowly applies pressure to stop the bleeding.

" No, it's everything besides okay. My mother is in the ICU, My sister is gone, Gramps passed away and today, my girlfriend Hitomi broke up with me to be with my best friend....I'm all alone" He was leaning against the wall and tears just stream down his face as it felt like his world was crumbling down right before him. It was as if he was trapped in despair with ragged blue jeans and a black shirt on. His body was shivering since it was quite cold outside.

" That's not true, because I'm here with you, starting today we going be friends," She said took off her red scarf and wrapped it around his neck then tied it securely.."Hello, my name is Ayame Yukaitsu. 

He slowly lifted up his head and seen how brightly her smile glowed. He felt like he was getting pulled out of the darkness and his life began to have some color." S-Sota H-Higurashi." He shuddered. 

" Well, Sota-kun, I have to go before I messed up my perfect attendance." She picked up his hand and put it on the handkerchief to apply the pressure on his own. She stood up and softly patted her skirt.

"Can I be able to see you again soon?" He questioned as he lifted up his head and looked at her.

" Today, I have a meet and I'll appreciate it if you come. It's at---." Ayame dug in her duffle bag to find a piece of paper and wrote on it with a pencil before handing it to him. She zipped her bag up as she walked away and waved to him then ran to the ground of the school. She talked with her group of friends then headed to class.

It was a pretty normal day for the average teen then the track meet came around.

  " It should be somewhere around here." A young male high school student looked around lost as he kept eyeing the paper and looking up at the signs then he received a phone call from the hospital about his mother condition. He dropped his phone then took off.

  " I knew nobody would've come." Ayame thought to herself as she made it to the track field already changed into the team uniform with her name and the number twenty-two on the back on her jersey. She tied on hair in a high ponytail and began to stretch before the race. 

**************************************************************************

She kneels down in her stance on her line of the track field with the other competitors. It's the last race. She opened her eyes and took a deep breath.

" On your mark. Get Set! GO

" I got this! I got this!" Ayame repeated to herself running on the track field. There were about five other students ahead of her. She was so nervous, she made it first for the other four races. She picked up her pace as she began to pass each person on by one. 

A male student in a high school in a black uniform walked through the entrance where the Meet was taking place. He made his way around from the crowd and watch the participators run on the track. He notices the jersey that said number twenty-two and the name AYAME wrote underneath it with the person had her hair in a high ponytail swinging back and forth. He just knew that it was her. Seeing her run was simply amazing. His eyes widen as he saw that she was the first one to cross the finish line." Your speed is so incredible!"Sota blurted 

Ayame turned to the side and smile genuinely at Sota before the reporters and surrounded by people with flowers while asking her a ton of questions as they recorded her.

Ayame Yukaitsu, a student at Myoga High, what do you want to achieve in the future?"Someone asked and held the mic up to her Ayame's mouth with the camera recording both of them.

" My dream is to become the fastest runner in the country. Since I was a mere child, I love it. I would sacrifice anything for it. Running is like my freedom, the only time I can feel like myself. I feel like I can escape from anything cruel. It gives me the strength to overcome any situation. It's a part of me without it I'm not complete. I won't ever let anyone take that away from me. I run every single day, it had become a routine in my life. I can't live without it." Ayame said withholding a bouquet of flowers in her hands. She answered a couple more questions then left from the scene to see her friends. She started chatting with her group of friends as they headed towards the entrance where she has seen Sota standing.

" Ayame, is that your boyfriend?" One of her friends, nudge her and whispered.

" No, it's nothing like that. We're just friend." Ayame answered.

" Congratulations, Ayame," Sota said with a bouquet of purple iris flowers in his hands and was slightly out of breath from coming back from the nearest florist shop as he handed her the bouquet.

  " Thank you, Sota." Ayame accepted the kind gesture and smell the very pretty flowers. She heard a distance voice yelling her name then an image popped up in her head with blood covering someone hands from doing CPR one an none breathing body as more blood gushed out.  

" Ayame, please come back to me." His voice sounded different and in a lot of pain but strangely familiar.

  With that everything went black and Ayame collapsed.

  Vote,Comment & Subscribe