Chapter Sixteen

'Everything is going be fine....It's just one more day until the weekend until I can see Koga 'She convinced herself and to just endure the suffering a little bit more. The bullying has effected her ability to work and concentrate. She had a difficult time putting on a mask to those around her as much as she wanted to break down and cry but instead of telling the truth, she wore her mask firmly and confidently. Removing the mask, meant putting her feelings first and they were going crash down on her. 

She had to conceal her feelings along with the truth because it seem like the only right option. She stared at her reflection in the mirror for the passed six hours as tears continue to stream down from her cheeks. She looked in the mirror her uniform could have become too small. She could no longer hide the fact that she was pregnant. Her beautiful dark brown hair stopped at her waist and she admired very much. She smile as she'll remember the wind brushing through her hair. She closed her eyes and imagine herself on the track field, running.

Ayame slowly opened her eyelids and came to realized the person who she hate the most is the reflection looking back at her. She used the scissors on her dresser and clipped her hair very short to her shoulders. She wanted to feel and look different but in reality that cut did not change her situation much. It was just another impulsive decision with all of her emotions provoking her actions.

Ayame.....Ayame.....Ayame.......

She increased her pace as she put on her uniform with baggy pants underneath her skirt. She rushed down the steps with her duffel bag. She paused as she seen both of her parents at the front door with a suitcase. 

" Are you guys going on another business trip?" Ayame questioned and thought the timing was perfect. It'll give her time to mentally prepare the news to her parents and make arrangements for her bundle of joy bouncing around. She let out a sigh of relief and it felt like the weight been lifted off her shoulders.

" Ayame, we know..." Her mother spoke but her voice was filled with disappointment and sadness.

" K-know w-what?" Ayame shuddered as she choked on her words. Her hands began to tremble nervously as she balled her hands up in a fist to make it less noticeable. She tried her best to keep her posture and not to assume it was her secret. She proceed to slip on the black shoes.

" A very kind classmate inform us that you been friendly with her boyfriend and showed your previous grades from your recent report card that indicating that you're failing the entire semester. I spoke to the board and your doctors since I was worried about your health and what could possibly taking a toll on you.... To find out, you been kicked off the team for nearly five months now and that you are pregnant." Her mother try to stay as calm as possible. They been preparing to have this conversations for weeks. She lower her eyes at her daughter stomach then remember the nasty rumors that the student, Ayame's classmate, Hitomi, told her.

" I can't explain." Ayame blurted. 

" Just leave..." Her father said as her voice sounded distance and cold. His words had to hurt the most.

Ayame walked through the doors with her eyes closed unable to make direct contact as her heart pound against her chest the closer she got.

" I was really hoping that you'll deny it. I can't believe that I raised a whore. You are exactly following in my footsteps when I were your age and it's digesting to find out that those rumors were true. I'm ashamed to had even given birth. I wish you weren't my daughter." Then the front door slammed shut.

She opened her eyes startled by the sound and seen Sota in front of her. ' How much did he see? Did he just get there?' She thought too herself and stood unable to take the step next, scared and ashamed that her life came down to this. She didn't want to be judged by him nor did she want to ask for help. She hate feeling like a burden to those around and hate when people feeling sorry towards her.

" Your hair is really cute short, Ayame. " Sota admired with a very sincere smile then took another step towards her as he placed his hands on her chest and pulled her closer to his chest. She buried her face and cried like a baby. Her heart poured out.

" I don't deserve any of this!"

" I know, I know."

" It's hurts so much..... I can't stand it. I don't want to be here anymore" 

" Everything is going to okay." He reassured and softly stroke her hair.