Chapter Eleven: Oh.....

" What's bring you in my office today, Ayame? Oh, are you still waiting for the documents to be delivered?" The physician questioned. 

" Actually, that what I wanted to talk to you about." Ayame answered.

"Mhm... Go on then?"

" Uh, let's see where I should start........These test results are incorrect. It's mean, it's physically impossible. I have never encounter in such or been involved into another person romantically.  All of my focus has ever been is running and to become the very best in the country.  I can't like a common mistake like this to ruin my career, my scholarships and my life."

"Common mistake?"

" It's a common mistake for doctors to switch up patients files. I read many articles that reported a situation that's similar " Ayame confirmed.

" Ayame, I'm sorry to tell you but this situation isn't that. You are pregnant and you been declined your eligibility to forward yourself in any after school activities ."

" That can't be true...."

" If you still don't believe it then take this at home pregnancy test and come back to me."

A few weeks later.....

************************************************************************************

Ayame studied for the English exam in her room then took a short break. She pushed out her chair then everything fell out her backpack as she squat down to pick up the supplies, there was the pregnancy kit. She followed the instructions on the back of the box and waited patiently for the results in the bathroom. 

Beep beep beep. The timer went off.

She peeked her head out the door to make sure nobody were there was she locked the door behind her. She sat down on the toilet as she covered the results with her fingers, she slowly move one then it shown one line. It must be negative.... She sigh in relief and remove her other finger as the second line appeared.

" Crap...."

" Ayame, dear. Dinner is ready!" Her mother yelled from downstairs.

Ayame put the test in her pocket and rushed downstairs for dinner with her family. She sat down and barely touched her food. I wonder what my parents would say?

" Hey Yuki, dear."

" What is it, mom?" Ayame questioned nervously with her heart nearly beating out of her chest..

" You been absent-minded lately." Her mother mentioned.

" Is that so?" Ayame asked.

" Yeah, I have to call you louder for you to come to your senses. You're troubled by something aren't you?" She added.

" It's nothing at all." Ayame smiled.

" Is it about your friends? Is everything fine between the group of friends.?" Her father asked.

" Like, I told Mom. It's nothing, Dad."

" Is it about the University? You don't want to study far from here?"

' It's not that....'

" Or have you failed class and can't attend on the track meet or graduate to the next grade."

" Stop making things up, Mom."

" Is it that boyfriends of yours, Sota?"

" I'm going to sleep. Goodnight....." Ayame said and went to her room.

She opened her drawer with five other positive pregnancy test," I should throw them out. It's starting to smell but I don't want to believe it. But the lady at the store said,'  If you checked so many times and the results are still the same then...That's that..' She looked in the mirror then put her hand on her stomach."

" What should I do?"

The very next day

" Ayame, your friend, Sota is waiting for you outside."

" I'll be right out!' Ayame stepped on the scale with her eyes close then opened them to shown that she gained 30 pounds.  She looked in the mirror her uniform looked very small and started to tighten around her stomach.' I never pay so much attention to the details on my uniform until now.' She turned around and took a look at her body." It doesn't look that noticeable."

And it also doesn't make sense.....

" Good Morning, Ayame-chan." He cheerfully smiled.

" Morning, Sota-kun." She responded tangled in her thoughts unable to give him her full attention. There was a moment of silence then the two of them spoke up at the same time.

" There's something I need to tell you.!"

"There's something I need to tell you!"

" You go first"

"You go first"

" Okay. Let's go at the same time."

1....2....3

Ayame closed her eyes and her heart was about to burst out of her chest.

" Hitomi want to get back together with me!"

" I'm pregnant......"