𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓕𝓲𝓿𝓮: Let's Promise....Ayame

The past few months had been very amazing and heartfelt. They would travel 500 years into the past and play every single day. She wanted these moments to last forever.  They took a break and rested in the field of grass.

" Why don't we look for your big sister, Sota-kun?" Ayame suggests.

" It's not like I haven't thought about it, I just don't know where to start." He looked up at the sky as the memories washes over him.

" Yeah, you're probably right." Ayame sulked in thought of a solution." What about, m-maybe, we can walk around and we'll be bound to find someone or even something."

"There's no point of sitting around, right? Let's go" He responded but his voice became weary. He didn't know what to look forward or if his sister was even alive. His thoughts were filled with doubts.

" Everything is going to be alright." She reassured.

He grabbed Ayame's shoulders then pulled her into a tight embraced. Somehow, those words comforted him. When others would say it, he'll feel annoyed but now, a little bit of weight been lifted." Thank you, Ayame." He said then removed his arms from her.

She was flustered and unable to process what just happened. A hug? It shouldn't be different from any other embrace but it was.

" Are you okay?" He asks then noticed her face turned an rosy red but she was still as a statue. He placed his hand on her forehead and it was burning up.

"Y-yes, yes, yes. I'm completely fine! "She answered quickly as she felt his touch and understood. For a moment, she froze with her actions. She didn't know how to react or even if she should. She pressed both of her hands on his chest and pushed him away causing him to move a couple spaces back. He was very confused.

" You were too close!" Ayame said all worked up and flustered.

"  Is that so? Well, tell me next time. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable or any misunderstandings" He looked her straight in the eyes. Misunderstanding had always occur in his relationship with Hitomi and he didn't want to let anything destroy his friendship with Ayame. He always see her motivation when it comes to running, how's she fun and interesting but there are also more sides to a person including the bad. He will accept her regardless.

Ayame nodded and felt a tab bit bad. As they began their search and walked down a path with no idea where they are headed to.. Ayame would often look up at Sota but his facial expression was so serious as if he had a thousand things on his mind. She couldn't bring herself to say anything throughout the entire walk and stayed silent as she walked by his side, following the path ahead of them. After a while, they found a local village. They didn't know where to even start or who to ask.   Sota stood unable to take the next step. One thing he lacked was public communication when it came to complete strangers. Ayame walked past him and talked to next available person that she could find without hesitation. 

" Excuse me, we're lost and looking for someone name Kagome." Ayame spoke but people continue to walk past her as if she was invisible. 

"Ayame, let's just go." He suggests, easily frustrated . He couldn't stand to watch her look so pitiful while people ignored her despite her hard work and effort.