Chapter Fifteen : D I S A S T E R

" Koga-kun, I promised to surely be back. I been away from my studies for so long and my parents probably worried about me." Ayame frowned and realized the relationship would be hard but they love each other and will overcome any obstacle.

" Ayame, be safe." Koga cupped both of her hands as they look each other in the eyes. As much as he didn't want her to leave he pushed his selfishness to the side then realized this must be how InuYasha felt in the past. He became more understanding and a little genuine. The longer he stared at her, the more be began to distinguish between the two." I won't stop thinking about you, not even for a moment."

Ayame felt butterflies in her stomach and those words gave her courage. She stood on her toes and took initiative as they kissed then pulled away to part ways.

" I'll see you soon." Ayame waved with a bright smile on her face and ran towards Sota as the two of them jumped down the well.

*************************************************************************

'Never in my life have I seem perfection in one person. She made me feel so small and insecure. Her beauty, curves, hair and body made her seem completely flawless. I should've from the moment I seen her that she was bad news'

" You're Ayame, right?" A soft voice questioned pausing the student midway by the school doors.

" Yes, why do you ask?" She answered then turned around to get a better look at the student who called her forward.

" Can you put distance between you and my boyfriend I don't want people to get the wrong impression, please. I'm asking kindly." She had a more of a slim and feminine frame with long wavy, toffee colored hair that falls across her back to reach just below the middle, while she has messy bangs framing her forehead. Her skin is fairly pale, and she had large coffee bean brown eyes.

" Who are you?" She asked.

" Oh, I never introduced myself. How rude! My name is Hitomi, I'm one of the upper classman. It's a pleasure to meet you but I have to go my friends are waiting to walk with me" She responded with a fairly cute smile as she walked with her crowd of friends.

' Sota did tell me that Hitomi wanted to get back with him but I didn't think it'll be so soon. Over more, I never would've thought that she went to the same school as me but why am I feeling so much pain?'

" Ayame-chan, are you there?" Sota waved his hand across from her face, snapping her back to reality.

" Oh, I was just thinking about some things, n-nothing too serious."

" If it's not serious then let's walk home together." He offered his hand.

She nodded then accepted his offered and grab his hand as they began to walk home together.

" Say, Sota-kun, are we best friends, right?"

" Of course! Best friends forever. You're the best thing that I guy could ever ask for"

" Would you tell me anything, even if its not important?"

" Of course, I promise to always be honest with you."

" I think we should spend less time together." 

" What are these silly thoughts coming  from? Ayame, you're being weird today."

"Hitomi."

They pulled their hands apart from each other just from hearing one name. His pure silence gave her the confirmation that she were seeking.

" How could you be so selfish and not tell me that you was in a relationship with Hitomi? How could you betrayed me and not discuss the situation on hand with me. How could you hurt me so badly like this!

Why should it matter to you who I have relations with when you're married?

" B-because w-were best friends."

" That answer not good enough for me.....Let's head home before it get too dark."

Next day

Ayame slept passed her alarm and was very late to her homeroom class. She opened the door and walked to her seat but heard her classmates whispering. It made her feel uneasy. She tried to caught up on the lecture and asked her friends for help but they just ignored her. Everyone would just ignore her whenever she asked for help.

" What's going on?" Ayame looked around and people just treated her as if she didn't exist.

The teacher began to started class.

Ayame grabbed her book out on her backpack and before she placed it on her desk she noticed that people been writing on her desk.

S L U T

Then the whispers became more clear and each word engraved into her heart. 

'She's sleeping with a upper classman boyfriend'

' And she's pregnant on top of that'

She walk into like it's normal. How can she even live knowing she destroying someone relationship'

The rumors and the comments by the students became more harsh and physical. They became colder and each day, more words would appear on her desk. The teacher even turned blind eye to the bullying and continue on with her lecture.

After class was over, Ayame stayed behind to scrub off the writings with a hot bucket of water and soap, again...

" Ayame-chan, we don't want to be friends with a person like you. You are really digesting and shameless. Why are there even people like you in the world.... Honestly, people like you are better off dead" They knocked her bucket on the floor as everything spilled and then walked away.

Some juniors were laughing in the hallway.

"Hitomi, why would you do that to the Sophomore?" Her friend questioned.

" I gave her a warning to not see Sota, anymore. Serve her right." Hitomi chuckled." Come on,let's go to the mall."

Ayame scrub her desk harder and harder as tears began to form in her eyes.

" Ayame, are you okay?"Sota placed his hand on top on hers.

" Why are you here so early 

" Look around you, Ayame. It's already six o clock and the classroom is empty. The school close in ten minutes."

" I....I-I'm sorry that you had to see me like this. The teacher told me that it was my turn to clean the classroom and it just couldn't be helped."

" That's okay, Ayame. Everything is going to be alright." He reassured and wrapped his arms around her into a tight embrace. He knew that she was lying just by the sound of her voice. He come to figure out everything about her but he decided to not question her for his own reasonings.