(XXXVI) Best Friend

Jason x Best Friend Reader [Edited]

(Y/N)'s POV

"Jason!" I yelled, as I saw my best friend walking around camp. I ran over and squeezed the life out of him.

"Hey, (N/N), you're kind of killing me..." he choked out, and I immediately let go. "Sorry, Jase, it's just that I missed you so much!" I smiled.

"Missed you too, (Y/N). It's been a lot of work making all the memorials for the major and minor gods at Camp Jupiter. Thank gods I gave Frank praetorship or else I wouldn't have been able to handle." he explained.

"Well, as long as you're here now. Let's go!" I cheered. I grabbed his and and we ran off. I wasn't sure where we were going but I continued to drag him through camp until I decided to go to the lake.

We got there and sat down on the pier.

"So...how's life?" I asked. "Good. Piper and I are doing well and the shrines are almost done. How about you?" He asked.

"I could be better. I just got dumped by (D/N). Drew started to bully me again. And mom said that I'm definitely not her favorite child." I said, facing the horizon, not being able to look at Jason.

"Oh, (N/N), why didn't you tell me? I could've helped!" Jason said sympathy lacing in his voice. "I didn't want to bother you. You're content with Piper and New Rome! I didn't want to burden you with me..." I mumbled.

Jason side hugged me. "You'll never be a burden, (Y/N). You're my best friend. Forget (D/N). Forget what Drew did. Forget what your mom said. All that matters is the future."

I smiled up at him as he continued to talk. "So, I was thinking. When Piper and I go back to New Rome, we wanted you and Leo to come along. Do you want to?" he asked.

"Really?" I asked, kind of shocked. He nodded. I've never been to Camp Jupiter. Piper and Jason currently live in New Rome, and come at least once every few months.

Drew was given her rank as head counselor since Piper left. It's been pure shit. She makes everyone do what she wants, via charmspeak. No one has it other than Piper so no one can go against her.

"Okay, I'll go." I said, elated. He stood up and held his hand out, helping me up as well. We hugged and ran over to find Piper and Leo.

-Time Skip-

I was all packed up. We talked to Chiron and he agreed to let us go. Drew was furious when she got the news from Piper. She beat me up and said how she deserved to go with Jason. Piper and Jason both ended up having to help me.

We walked out of camp and Jason summoned his storm spirit, Tempest. Leo brought Festus so I rode with him while Piper and Jason rode together.

Leo and I talked the whole time, which was about 2 or 3 hours. It was fun and we talked about the most random things. We hung out sometimes at camp, but our schedules always got in the way.

When we got there, I smiled.

Home sweet home.