1 | Crash Landing*

Chapter One: Crash Landing

"Who the fuck are you?" said the boy

"Who the fuck are you?" countered Faith.

"I asked first."

"And I asked second."

There was a tense silence. And thenㅡ "James! There's a girl in your living room!"

Faith could hear thundering footsteps and held her breath. When she had crashed into the fireplace of the Potter Manor, she hadn't expected to find a stranger lounging around in her father's ancestral home, and certainly not a handsome one who'd stuck his wand in her face as fast as she had breathed. Of course, she thrust her wand out at him too ㅡ she certainly wasn't going to let him hold her at wandpoint for visiting her aunt and uncle and not return the favour, even if he was rather pretty.

When her cousin had rounded the hallway and stepped in through the door with a confused expression painting his face, she finally allowed herself to exhale.

"Hey, James," she said, as calmly as she pleased.

His eyes widened behind his rectangular glasses, before he leaped forward and tackled the girl until they were a heap of limbs on the floor. "Faith!"

"Merde, James!" she yelped, groaning as she took the brunt of the impact on the hard tiled floor. She was almost certain she heard a crack. "This is not how we greet people!"

"What are you doing here?" he asked, ignoring his cousin's sounds of protest.

"I'd tell you if I could breathe ㅡ get off me, you fat oaf!"

James hurriedly scrambled off and offered a hand, which Faith gratefully took. That was her first mistake, as he promptly let go and dropped her the second she was an inch off the ground.

"Argh! ㅡ Oh, fuck you, James!"

"You should have seen it coming," he grinned, and offered his hand again only to be ignored as Faith pushed herself up. She glared at him, and her eyes snapped to the boy she'd met earlier when he loudly cleared his throat and was looking between the two expectantly. Another boy was at his side, who Faith guessed joined them while she and James were engaged on the floor, and Faith was surprised at the familiar scarred face.

"Oh, hey Remus," she greeted cheerfully.

"Hi, Faith!" replied the boy, face lighting up before confusion took over completely.

"Remus?"

"Faith?"

"Sirius, cheerleader, part-time model." All eyes fell onto the long-haired boy. "What?"

"Seriously?" said James, giving his friend a deadpan look. Sirius opened his mouth but James interrupted him hastily, "Don't. Just ㅡ don't."

"Can someone please explain what's going on?"