Chapter 1: A Hot Summer Day

Madison was riding her bicycle on a hot summer day. She was sweating profusely, therefore she decided to stop and get some ice cold water ice. Where would she get it at? None other than her most favorite place: Artie Vike's Water Ice and Custard! She absolutely loved it there because they only use the finest ingredients in all of their products to create the creamiest summer treat you'll ever indulge. The treat she liked the most was one of their own: The Luau. It includes blueberry ice cream, pineapple water ice, sour gummy worms, and topped with a strawberry drizzle. It's like a rainbow exploding in your mouth!

When Madison arrived at Artie Vike's, she saw a man that was there every time she stopped by. She didn't want him to be there,because he asked her out once on a date and she said no. No because her husband just died. No because she wasn't ready to date yet.

She was also a little mad because he always wound up serving on her every time, and today was the same.

"What would you like today?" the man asked Madison. He shot her a huge smile.

"Yeah, I'll have a small cherry water ice."

"Ok. I'll be right back." Another huge smile.

Two minutes later he handed Madison her small cherry water ice and a plastic spoon. She paid her two dollars and twenty cents and started walking to her parked bike.

When she turned around, the man was on his knees. He was looking up at her and he pulled a red box from his pocket.

When he started to open it, she yelled, You're sick," and rode away with her water ice clutched in her hand.

The man didn't have time to say anything.