- 29 | F A R A M I R

I woke up on the ground with a piece of paper in my hand. I rubbed into my eyes, trying to wake up and opened the paper.

Éowyn is moved into another room. Didn't wanted to wake you up. You needed all the sleep you could get.
- Éomer

I stood up and tried to find someone who could tell me in which room my friend was.

I walked around the corner and collided with someone.

"I'm so sorry," I started apologizing while looking up. My face paled when I saw the face of the person. My hand went to his cheek, trying to see if he was real.

"Boromir?"

The man's face saddened. "I'm sorry, my lady, I'm Faramir, Boromir's brother."

I quickly pulled back my hand. "I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have said that."

He smiled sadly. "It's alright, did you know him? My brother I mean."

I nodded. "Yes, I was with him when he died." I fell silent, recalling that time and the promise I made. "He loved you."

He looked up at me and smiled slightly. "I guess you want to know where your friend is staying?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I'm kinda lost."

He chuckled. "Well, let me show you the way, Lady..."

"Gwen," I told me. "And please, don't call me lady, just Gwen or Gwendolyn, wherever you like most."

"Gwen it is then," he said smiling.

I followed him and we walked in a comfortable silence.

"If I may," He began, "why was a lady like you fighting on the battlefield?"

I laughed. "Well, for a starter, I'm no lady, I mean, technically I am. It's kind of a long story."

He smiled kindly at me. "We have time."

I looked up. "Well, how can I say this best? Aragorn is my father. Which makes me..."

"Princess," he cut me off, bowing. "I'm so sorry, my lady."

My face reddened. "Please stand up, this is awkward."

He frowned but stood up anyway. "Thank you," I said. "I'm not used to all of this."

He smiled kindly. "Here we are." He stopped at a door. I smiled back and nodded. A very tired Éomer opened the door. He stepped back. "Come in."

I nodded in thanks at Faramir and entered the room. It was a chamber of two beds. On one of them laid Éowyn.

I leaded Éomer to the empty bed and pushed him down. "You need to sleep, I'll take watch."

When he looked like he wanted to argue, I added. "I'll wake you up the moment something change. I promise."

He sighed and laid down. "Thank you," he murmured.

I shook but smiled anyway. "You're welcome."

I sat in the chair next to Éowyn and took her hand. I waited until I was sure Éomer was asleep when I began talking quietly.

"Éowyn, it's me, Gwen. I just wanted to say how proud I am at you, taking down the Witch King like that. I'm really happy to know that you have my back. Just come back to us, please."

I leaned forward and pressed my lips against her forehead. I then leaned my head on the mattress and closed my eyes, hoping for some miracle.

I opened my eyes after feeling something. I waited for a couple of seconds before I felt it again.

A squeeze!

I looked at Éowyn who had just opened her eyes. "Nice speech you gave there."

I rolled my eyes and chuckled. "So you were actually listening?"

She nodded and grinned. "Yeah, I didn't want to interrupt you."

I leaned back in the chair. "Very funny."

She chuckled and looked past me, to her brother. I followed her gaze. "He hasn't left your side since we found you."

I stood up, walked towards him and shook him gently. "Éomer? Éowyn has woken up."

He opened his eyes and looked relieved at Éowyn. He quickly stood up and strode over to her to give her a big hug.

I quietly left the room, wanting to give the brother and sister some privacy.

I walked through the halls, looking for someone of the Fellowship. I stopped when I saw Legolas standing on a balcony, looking over the city. He must have heard my for he turned around to face me, a smile on his face.

I laughed and jumped into his arms, kissing all over his face. "Don. Ever. Leave. Me. Again."

He laughed and shook his head. "I couldn't even if I wanted to."

I kissed him and wrapped my arms around his neck. "I love you," I murmured against his lips that was becoming a smile. "So much."

His strong arms were wrapped around my waist. "I guess you found my letter?"

I nodded and smiled up at him. "I did and I found it beautiful."

He blushed slightly and I chuckled.

"Let's go find the others," he proposed. I nodded and he took my hand, leading me away.

We found them in the tower hall.

"Frodo has passed beyond my sight," Gandalf began, "the darkness is deepening."

My expression grew worried. I feared for my brother. Legolas put his arm around me and I smiled up at him in thanks.

"If Sauron had the ring, we would know it," Aragorn replied.

Gandalf looked still worried and troubled.

"It's only a matter of time. He has suffered a defeat, yes, but behind the walls of Mordor, our enemy is regrouping."

"Don't be so negative," I piped in. "As long as Sauron doesn't have the Ring, there is still hope."

"Let him stay behind his walls," Gimli said. "Let him rot. Why should we care?"

"Because," Gandalf answered, "Ten thousand orcs now stand between Frodo and amount Doom."

I swallowed and was pretty sure that fear was all written over my face.

"I have sent him to his death," Gandalf murmured to himself.

"No," I cut him off. "There is still hope for Frodo. He needs time and safe passage across the Plains of Gorgoroth. We can give him that."

"How?" Gandalf argued and I exchanged a glance with Aragorn who seemed to know what I was thinking.

"Draw out Sauron's armies - empty his lands. Then we gather our full strength and march on to the Black Gate," Aragorn said.

Gimli chocked on his pipe whil Éomer stepped forward.

"We cannot achieve victory from strength of arms."

"Not for ourselves," Aragorn began.

"But we can give Frodo his chance if we keep Sauron's eye fixed upon us," I continued. "Keep him blind to all else that moves."

Legolas nodded. "A diversion."

Gandalf strode over to Aragorn and I. "Sauron will suspect a trap," he said in a low voice, "he will not take the bait."

"Certainly of death. Small chance of success," Gimli spoke up, "What are we waiting for?"