vi. beginnings

*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙*˚
*:・゚*:・゚*:・゚*:・゚
+*:ꔫ:*﹤ 𝙶𝚆𝙴𝙽𝙳𝙾𝙻𝚈𝙽 ﹥*:ꔫ:*+゚
.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

CHAPTER SIX ━ beginnings

CHAPTER SIX beginnings

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

          AS THE DAYS PASSED, ARWEN UPHELD HER PROMISE OF TEACHING GWENDOLYN ELVISH. The two of them could often be found in the library and although Gwen struggled with the pronounciations, Arwen remained patient. Slowly, progress was being made.

Besides Elvish lessons with Arwen, Gwendolyn continued to work on her bending with Gandalf. She knew it would be a very important aspect in protecting Frodo once they were to leave for Mordor.

The only thing that didn't make progress was her swordsmanship. Gwen wasn't bad, but ever since they had encountered the Ring Wraiths, she knew she was no match for whatever danger they'd face. It was only because of her fire bending that she'd won against them. But Gwen did not only want to depend on her powers. She needed to train her swordsmanship skills and there was only one person she could ask.

"Aragorn?" she questioned, approaching the ranger who was currently reading in one of the corners. As soon as he heard his name, he looked up. Upon seeing her, he immediately closed his book and gave her his full attention.

"Yes?" he replied, maybe a bit too quick.

"I was wondering whether you wanted to teach me some moves, you know, to fight," Gwen said, sounding suddenly very unshure. They hadn't really talked after she found out he was her father, but it was not as if she'd any time. Gandalf and Arwen kept her busy most of the time. When she was free, she'd visit Frodo and Bilbo or just take a nap.

"Of course," Aragorn said, seeming both surprised and pleased at the request. "I won't go easy on you, though."

Gwen smiled. "I wasn't counting on it."

◊▪◊

GWENDOLYN

Aragorn was a good teacher. He was patient, just like Arwen, but he didn't go easy on her either. I went to bed every night feeling very sore.

One night, I was stumbling back to my chambers, carrying my sword into its vest in my hand. It had been a particularly busy and tough day. First, I'd had bending training with Gandalf, then I had Elvish lessons with Arwen, and in the evening, I had sword lessons with Aragorn.